BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

Went to Billie last night with doubts. Don’t know her stuff in any detail & overall impression that a lot of it would be too slow and low key to carry a Pyramid headliner slot.

Wrong! The clues were maybe there in the break before her set, with all the old reggae tunes. Billie’s slower numbers were carried by heavy dubby baselines that kept the impact up. We were about halfway back and absolutely loved it! I went with no expectations and I thought she totally nailed it. I’ve got a short vid from where I was & the crowd was jumping! I wish I knew how to put it here!

Only caught the end of Sam Fender (after eating) because we saw him at the NEC a couple of months ago & he is also due to play Sziget in August so we’ll see him there- but I never doubted he would storm it!

Tried for Sleaford Mods but couldn’t quite get going soon enough after our 8 hour early shift (up at 4am!) & only got there for half their last tune - strangely - the 3rd time we have achieved this with the same band!

Crowds at TLC were crazy & we lost each other by trying to get a drink in before they came on. Ended up with me somewhere in the crowd with coke & sprite, unable to find him with the vodka and rum. The crowd around me were really rooting for me to find him! I got him on the phone & was shouting ‘HOLD MY PINK BAG UP!’ & he was shouting ‘I CAN’T HEAR YOU - I’LL MEET YOU AT THE BAR!’ & I was NOOO!!!!’ Because I knew we’d never get back in. Ended up just sitting in the bar an popping out to sing along with their big tunes.
Got distracted by The Dub Pistols on the way to Idles - both brilliant tho!

In the end, maybe secretly relieved The Chems cancelled. It was a long day & we were genuinely done & have our overnight shift tonight. Just got up! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not their last ever show, just part of their final tour. And tbh I don’t think they usually film stuff this early, which is a shame, because this absolutely rips.

Ah, I knew it was their last tour, but the Glasto Live twitter page made it sound like this was their last ever show 😂

10 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

Kikagaku Moyo are currently on at West Holts playing their last ever show, but for some reason BBC don't seem to be showing it?!

Anyone know why? Or is there a stream I'm missing?

first act they’re showing on West Holts today is Black MIDI, so no Brass Against either 😞 

Billie Eilish isn't for me. Her gigs are generally full of screaming teenage girls. I vaguely recall seeing some really rare footage of teenage girls screaming at Beatles shows. 

It's Glastonbury, there's always 500 other fucking brilliant places to be within a few minutes walk if you don't dig it!

Edited by majormajormajor
  • Like 1

One thing I've just thought of (and possibly mentioned elsewhere) is that now you can steam specific stages as it happens, you can easily avoid all the 'special acoustic sets' that the BBC used to show instead of actual footage from the stages. They used to piss me right off. 

7 minutes ago, rob.a said:

One thing I've just thought of (and possibly mentioned elsewhere) is that now you can steam specific stages as it happens, you can easily avoid all the 'special acoustic sets' that the BBC used to show instead of actual footage from the stages. They used to piss me right off. 

They’ve been letting you do this for years ❤️

15 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Sticking with watching Billie for now, not really for me, but wanting to see how it all pans out. From what i can see there is a big crowd who seem to be enjoying it, so looks like the bookers have got something right. I wouldn't stay and watch if i was on site, would be looking for something else for sure, but the benefit of being at home and being able swop or watch something afterwards does change things.

General comment - is the crowd younger now than 2019? On all of the coverage i've watched it certainly looks like it, good for the festivals future that they are attracting so many young people but not good for future ticket prospects 

Watching Supergrass on iPlayer was like watching an over-40s convention. All the dads had been given the afternoon off by their wives it seemed at one point. All other crowds have looked young, except maybe Robert Plant's

Bit late to the party, watching Billie and Foals now.

Billie is doing her pretty standard mime and runaround act, but in general, it looks like a lot of fun. Can see why she's been given the chance to headline and she's got a hefty crowd there too. Would say she's doing a better job than Stormzy did in 2019.

Foals look great so far as well. Tons of energy and singalongs, doing a great job, just as Tame Imapala did in 2019. 
Both I think could easily make the next step up to Pyramid. 

St Vincent though looked like a snooze fest. The crowd was minimal too, there were gaps already in the crowd just about twenty or so back, why the heck were they subbing?

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Bit late to the party, watching Billie and Foals now.

Billie is doing her pretty standard mime and runaround act, but in general, it looks like a lot of fun. Can see why she's been given the chance to headline and she's got a hefty crowd there too. Would say she's doing a better job than Stormzy did in 2019.

Foals look great so far as well. Tons of energy and singalongs, doing a great job, just as Tame Imapala did in 2019. 
Both I think could easily make the next step up to Pyramid. 

St Vincent though looked like a snooze fest. The crowd was minimal too, there were gaps already in the crowd just about twenty or so back, why the heck were they subbing?

St Vincent got done over by Doja Cat cancelling, her crowd got eaten by Fender being bumped up