BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

57 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

The crowd was actually quite small for billie, I was surprised. We weren’t that far back but also we were near the back! 

I wondered about that, its impossible to tell on the TV coverage and night shows, i did think the beeb might have done a few more from the back shots if the crowd had been large

3 hours ago, Al2006 said:

Billie did a good job, enjoyed it - but not something that will go down in history.. but then again I reckon she will be back and she will only get better. Was inspiring to see her on that stage for sure 👏 such a talent

I've been a huge fan from around 2018-19.

I only caught the last few tunes and it seemed flat. Lacking that angry stressed teenager trying to prove herself. Looked (oh, the sofa critic) comfortable.

My benchmark for new headliner is Stormzy. He didn't take the task lightly. Stepped up.

2 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Just watched the Idles set - WOW, not a fan but that is the best set i've ever seen at Glastonbury.

I really like them. I'll admit I can't name or singalong to any of their songs but I'd be running to see them at any festival. They look like they absolutely love performing, powerful mayhem, great fun, count me in!

27 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Billie's set was great, but also a decent example that just shoving an arena show onto an outdoor main stage maybe doesn't translate to everyone there, or to TV coverage. I'd love to see what she can do next album given a few more smashes and a show designed specifically for festivals.

She very much came and did her show and didn’t really tailor it to the event. Which was ballsy for sure. I was about 1/3 back and everyone was really in to it, but not belting out every line either. They were kinda captivated but not going mental, if that makes sense. I respect her doing her thing and trusting in her show, for me and the crowd around me it worked. Really fascinated to see the coverage of this one!

Just catching up on the iplayer, as I was lucky enough to be given free tickets (thanks Dan Marks) to go and see Magic Numbers and Elbow last night.

Been reading about how crowded some areas are, and I’m struck by the small crowd Robert Plant got. I think I saw him on the acoustic tent years ago - that would be a better place for this set as well.
It would have been interesting to see Wet Leg being given an early slot on the Pyramid instead. Would have loved to have seen Led Zeppelin, but this Robert Plant set didn’t do anything for me.

2 hours ago, Cooter said:

I really like them. I'll admit I can't name or singalong to any of their songs but I'd be running to see them at any festival. They look like they absolutely love performing, powerful mayhem, great fun, count me in!

That's the perfect description! I'd thought they'd be OK after watching them at Live at Worthy farm, but that was nothing compared to yesterday's performance, i would not miss them in future, 1st on the list for a gig. Won't be buying any records though, i don't need to know any of their stuff to enjoy shows like that. 

I tell you what though, the UHD Coverage is brilliant on iPlayer.  We watched Sam Fender last night and were blown away with the quality of the pictures and the sound (only got a Sonos Beam soundbar, but it sounded terrific).  Kudos to the Beeb

2 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

Kikagaku Moyo are currently on at West Holts playing their last ever show, but for some reason BBC don't seem to be showing it?!

Anyone know why? Or is there a stream I'm missing?

Not their last ever show, just part of their final tour. And tbh I don’t think they usually film stuff this early, which is a shame, because this absolutely rips.