BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

Four Tet and Little Simz both look great, Eilish did well I think, Foals are not for me.  I have no idea if I’d gone where I’d have been if there though. 
Crowded House earlier really made me wish I was there, lovely.  
Arlo Parks is new to me but thoroughly enjoyed the songs I saw.
Phoebe Bridgers and maybe a bit of Jesus and Mary Chain to catch up with tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Out of the headline sized acts touring this summer that a) isn't a white man or men, and b) hasn’t already headlined the Pyramid recently, she’s one of the three biggest. It’s really that simple. And she’s drawn a huge crowd. Really not seeing the issue. 

This is fair enough I guess .

Hope Foals haven’t been snubbed due to being a white English male band though , they would have smashed the pyramid slot tonight .

didn’t get eilish but I am nearly 50 so why would I ! 

22 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

A special guest would’ve been nice (something she clearly isn’t averse to having done it at Coachella). Also missing out her only UK number one was a bad call. Also she’s finished 10 minutes early which is a bit shit. Solid 8/10 in general though. 

You didnt surely expect her to sing a song from a film soundtrack?

5 minutes ago, Messy said:

Jesus Foals fucking slayed it didn't they.

Yes they did. Just as well I watched the live stream as the BBC have just fucked up Two Steps Twice on the highlight package! FFS! 

Also, why is that red haired cartoon punk c**t presenter on every fucking show? Who the fuck is he?

28 minutes ago, JMB01 said:

Hope Foals haven’t been snubbed due to being a white English male band though , they would have smashed the pyramid slot tonight .

Nah it’ll be mostly because they were perfectly happy to headline the Other. Why waste a Pyramid headline slot on them when it wasn’t necessary. Whereas Billie/Kendrick/Macca will have all been Pyramid headliner or nothing.

I do hope The Foals get their shot eventually though because they would definitely kill it. And let’s face it, after subbing the Pyramid and now headlining the Other, there’s only one slot left for them to tick off. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Can’t remember but I’m pretty sure Doja Cat was meant to be on now and he got bumped up when she cancelled. Really hard to believe as I say. 

In the program he is down as 4th down pyramid saturday

Billie in the pit was absolutely spot on. High energy crowd who knew all the words. Don’t know how it could have gone better.

I have a feeling this is a Kanye situation where people stood right at the back think it’s nothing to write home about.

I love Foals, they’re one of my favourite bands. But if you think they should headline the Pyramid over Billie in the year of our Lord 2022, I don’t know what to say. 

Times change and it’s better for them to play a belter of a set to what seems to be a busy Other stage full of their fans rather than a half empty Pyramid crowd.

Edited by TKOCF
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Billie in the pit was absolutely spot on. High energy crowd who knew all the words. Don’t know how it could have gone better.

I have a feeling this is a Kanye situation where people stood right at the back think it’s nothing to write home about.

Genuinely glad you enjoyed it

1 hour ago, Northtim said:

I may have missed something as mainly watching Foals and flicking across but what the fuck are Primal Scream doing. Have they done anything off Screamadelica yet?

Left if for the end I think?

1 hour ago, JMB01 said:

The last sentence sums it up perfectly it to me. I’d be happy to watch Foals on the other. As much as I love the pyramid I don’t need the acts I love to play there. I’ve had a great time at all of the major stages over the years.

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The crowd was actually quite small for billie, I was surprised. We weren’t that far back but also we were near the back!