BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

But that means not booking Macca or Kendrick just so Foals can play a slightly bigger stage. And that would be very stupid. 

I mean without Covid McCartney wouldn’t be playing THIS year anyway. He was booked for the 50th not because Emily wanted him to play. 

Could have had Eilish, Foals and Kendrick. 

Just now, Northtim said:

Don’t get the Billie bashing. It’s not for me but she is undoubtably huge and big enough to headline. If you don’t like it you head to one of the 100 or so other stages. It’s that simple isn’t it??

This. Sam Fender isnt my thing, i think its dull as dishwater BUT I watched and was happy for a young lad from Newcastle to be on that stage and thought his performance was solid. You don't have to like someone's music to appreciate their talent.

7 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Don’t get the Billie bashing. It’s not for me but she is undoubtably huge and big enough to headline. If you don’t like it you head to one of the 100 or so other stages. It’s that simple isn’t it??

Yeah very strange tbh, people waste a huge amount of energy on who should or shouldn't be headlining ....

5 minutes ago, Northtim said:

She's undoubtedly big enough to headline but it just looks and feels a bit flat. Stormzy wasn't my cup of tea either but there was far more to appreciate in the show. It was clear a lot of thought had gone into it and it was made into a really special night. This is a carbon copy of her arena show put on the Pyramid and imo doesn't work

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Nah.

I've seen her headline a few festivals and she stank up the joint.

She isn't a "casual" friendly artist.

I was partly joking because of all the Foals should headline stuff. For me I can't think of anything more dull than watching Foals but if we were all the same it would be dull as fuck.

Little Simz killing it for me.

6 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I mean without Covid McCartney wouldn’t be playing THIS year anyway. He was booked for the 50th not because Emily wanted him to play. 

Could have had Eilish, Foals and Kendrick. 

But then you’d get the boring old farts complaining about it being too Radio 1. This trio is as varied as a Glastonbury headlining trio is ever going to get, it ticks every box

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

But then you’d get the boring old farts complaining about it being too Radio 1. This trio is as varied as a Glastonbury headlining trio is ever going to get, it ticks every box

Got to agree, great set of headliners. If I was there I'd watch one at most but that doesn't mean it's not a good booking.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was partly joking because of all the Foals should headline stuff. For me I can't think of anything more dull than watching Foals but if we were all the same it would be dull as fuck.

LMAO this.

I dont like Foals at all, ill watch them as i think they are good live and i can appreciate that but they arent for me.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Got to agree, great set of headliners. If I was there I'd watch one at most but that doesn't mean it's not a good booking.

This year id watch Billie and Kendrick.

Great last song by Billie.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's fine, a band or act killing it in one stage - doesn't mean they should headline automatic...

Ive seen bands in clubs if ,500 people kill it. But they couldn't hold an audience of 100k.

3 minutes ago, Messy said:

Big finale from Billie. Agree that she was probably 5 or so big songs short here though. Surprise crowd-pleasing cover wouldn't have gone amiss.

A special guest would’ve been nice (something she clearly isn’t averse to having done it at Coachella). Also missing out her only UK number one was a bad call. Also she’s finished 10 minutes early which is a bit shit. Solid 8/10 in general though. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy