BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

You realize Billie was touring 3 years straight before covid hit and had a whole u.s arena and europe tour ready to go that was sold out? She grinded  it out. She didnt have it as easy as Olivia did with barely getting one tour and then boom, big stages. She had done plenty of festivals but man for every old fucking sod that cant just let the kid do what she is doing and is fucking scared shitless about the future of music. Also, maybe thank Doja Cat for ruining her throat or else there would be endless posts about miming and such for the last 3 hours

3 years is nothing when you think of how long truly iconic acts rather than flash in pan pop stars tour before headlining festivals like Glasto, Macca has been touring 50 years for crying out loud.

If I've reached the point of old sod by my mid-20s that's impressive and it's fair to be worried about the future of pop when it's in the hands of someone like Billie Eilish - I actually like a few of her songs (Bad Guy, Your Power) but this has been dreadful.

8 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

Oh sorry not miming just  sticking her mic in the air while her vocals play. I could honestly fall asleep to this. 

Not have a go at you for having an opinion but why are you sticking with it? Switch to Foals. Or Little Simz?

Edited by Skelts
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rob.a said:

This, so much this! Without wanting to be "it was better back in the day", this was it. Were you actually any good? not how many record or singles you had. 

But she is good though. Just because some dont like her doesnt change the fact that this is a solid performance and she more then warrants being where she is.

I expect to have this same argument when Harry Styles inevitably headlines next year.

It hasn’t really been my cup of tea I’ll admit (but then it’s not meant to be, and power to her for looking like she’s having a great time) but that acoustic rendition of ‘Power’ after referencing the absolute disgusting actions of the Supreme Court today was moving

4 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

But she is good though. Just because some dont like her doesnt change the fact that this is a solid performance and she more then warrants being where she is.

I expect to have this same argument when Harry Styles inevitably headlines next year.

The crowd certainly don’t seem to think “this is dreadful” 😂

Also, there’s never going to be a Glastonbury again where all three Pyramid headliners are men (and rightly so) so we can nip this Foals discussion in the bud right away. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

The question shouldn't be are they BIG enough? It should be are they GOOD enough? Tonight proves they absolutely are!

By that logic Confidence Man or First Aid Kit should be headlining … 

As with Florence and the Machine in 2015, if you can book a big band somewhere other than main stage headliner and then get a main stage headliner on top then it makes perfect sense to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The crowd certainly don’t seem to think “this is dreadful” 😂

Also, there’s never going to be a Glastonbury again where all three Pyramid headliners are men (and rightly so) so we can nip this Foals discussion in the bud right away. 

People just want to shit on successful people. She could have been flawless and you'd still get the same people saying the same shite. She's holding her own on a massive stage.

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

No disagreement with this but we can have Foals and two female headliners 😃

Sticking with watching Billie for now, not really for me, but wanting to see how it all pans out. From what i can see there is a big crowd who seem to be enjoying it, so looks like the bookers have got something right. I wouldn't stay and watch if i was on site, would be looking for something else for sure, but the benefit of being at home and being able swop or watch something afterwards does change things.

General comment - is the crowd younger now than 2019? On all of the coverage i've watched it certainly looks like it, good for the festivals future that they are attracting so many young people but not good for future ticket prospects 

12 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

There’s no way harry styles should be headlining. 

Out of the headline sized acts touring this summer that a) isn't a white man or men, and b) hasn’t already headlined the Pyramid recently, she’s one of the three biggest. It’s really that simple. And she’s drawn a huge crowd. Really not seeing the issue. 

I enjoyed what I saw of Billie and it was impressive to see someone of that age commanding that crowd. I'll likely go back and watch highlights (want to see Bad Guy) but at the end of the day it's not really for me, but loads of Glastonbury headliners aren't and that's fine. There's so many other options to watch even just on the BBC, let alone if I was at the festival.