BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

15 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

Sean Kuti looks fun. I missed him at Cross the Tracks festival recently as the stage times got a bit messed up so nice to see, even if just on TV. 

Watching now and this is just so good. Absolutely loving it.

11 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Sam Fender having the time of his life. Massive crowd, loving it. Looks very at home on the pyramid 

absolutely wild that he wasn’t originally meant to be in this slot

Ballsy to play Seventeen halfway through the set though! 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Sam Fender definitely showing why he has such a good live reputation off the back of his most recent tours. I can kind of understand why he might not have originally had this slot - an hour is a long time to fill with just 2 albums behind you're belt both of which do contain some fluff - playing Howdon Aldi Death Queue' a B-Side (although a well regarded one) and putting Spit of You and Seventeen Going Under mid-set (instead of b2bing it as a closer with Hypersonic Missiles).

Way too early in the weekend to be using future headliner, but he's definitely a future headliner based on that. Another album behind that's even remotely as successful as his last 2 and he deserves a Friday night. 

14 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

Sam Fender definitely showing why he has such a good live reputation off the back of his most recent tours. I can kind of understand why he might not have originally had this slot - an hour is a long time to fill with just 2 albums behind you're belt both of which do contain some fluff - playing Howdon Aldi Death Queue' a B-Side (although a well regarded one) and putting Spit of You and Seventeen Going Under mid-set (instead of b2bing it as a closer with Hypersonic Missiles).

Way too early in the weekend to be using future headliner, but he's definitely a future headliner based on that. Another album behind that's even remotely as successful as his last 2 and he deserves a Friday night. 

Still think George has that slot next year but tonight has proved beyond all reasonable doubt that Sam could easily do it in 2024 if he maintains his current trajectory. Pulling a crowd like that despite some brutal clashes is really promising. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Fucking shite buffering on my TV has completely ruined my enjoyment of Phoebe Bridgers and Jesus & Mary Chain. Now having to watch on my work laptop with rubbish sound quality. Really fucking fed up. What's the betting it will work perfectly tomorrow when there's fuck all worth watching?