BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

51 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Clashes galore for me today, although iirc the i-player gives you the option to 'watch from the start' for each set. Unlike Saturday when there's only about 3 things I want to watch all day!

similarly 10+ acts today... (bit disappointed that they dont start early enough to get Orlando Weeks on Park tbh...)

Tomorrow I only have Celeste and Macca on the i-Player (so plenty of opportunity to discover new acts).. I would probably have been bimbling about between Acoustic & Avalon....

I have sadly gone and 'starred' my choices on the Glastonbury App so i will get reminders...

8 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Where will the out and about bits be shown, i really want to see other parts of the festival that the main stages, will these bits be shown as part of the highlight shows and if so where? I'm new to iplayer and VPN and not sure if i'm missing something or just not looking in the right places - cheers

The rest of the festival is only covered as little segments of walkabouts - this is Block Nine, the Circus, etc. They only include short snapshots of any bands that happen to be playing. 

Really I’d like to see far more of this stuff. I appreciate it’s not really possible for them to cover full sets of bands without it looking like the output of some random YouTube blogger, but a few more small crews trying to catch more of the true nature of the festival would be appreciated. Though the Mail would just winge about the extra staff. 

8 minutes ago, musky said:

The rest of the festival is only covered as little segments of walkabouts - this is Block Nine, the Circus, etc. They only include short snapshots of any bands that happen to be playing. 

Really I’d like to see far more of this stuff. I appreciate it’s not really possible for them to cover full sets of bands without it looking like the output of some random YouTube blogger, but a few more small crews trying to catch more of the true nature of the festival would be appreciated. Though the Mail would just winge about the extra staff. 

Thanks - when do the walkabouts get shown? Is that in the highlight shows shown on BBC 1 to 4?

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I'm here for some TV/iplayer watching!!! If I can mange it through the tears .

Thanks for posting the TV guide very useful @SweepingTheNation

Confidence Man is a great shout, in for that.

Hoping they get a lively crowd as they are a group that sort of thrive off the energy off the live crowd. Lots of fun when they arre up and running. 

41 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Ah ok.

I keep reading a Glastonbury Channel on iPlayer but can't see it, will the live sets just appear on there nearer the time? I've watched the Thursday programme and can see the times for the sets being shown on BBC 1 to 4, its just the live stuff that i really want to see from the start. Cheers

Yeah I think they will only appear nearer the time.

20 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Thanks - when do the walkabouts get shown? Is that in the highlight shows shown on BBC 1 to 4?

They will probably start showing them on the highlight shows after the headline acts have finished if previous years are anything to go by. You'll probably have to watch the whole thing as they will appear as little segments in between them showing highlights of acts that have played earlier in the day. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Yeah, like Punksnotdead says they get shown on the highlight shows. Though thinking about it I’ve got stuff recorded from previous years where the info section just says ‘Sets by *whatever bands*’ but there’s also been plenty of coverage of various areas of the festival. 

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I know I was actually hoping it would be earlier and we could start with a bang with the Libertines. So impatient ha

They’ve defo started earlier than this some years, I remember in 2014 avoiding Blondie’s enormous crowd first thing in the morning because I knew that it’d be on iPlayer when we got home. Guess the viewing figures for the Libs and Ziggy just wouldn’t have justified it 😩

4 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Blimey the Pyramid could have kicked off with something a bit more jolly than Rufus.

Right WetLeg Park stage for me, apparently its rammo

I don’t spend too much time at The Park but on iplayer, the crowd looks bigger than I’ve ever seen there