Why is the campervan ticketing system so ridiculous?

BBC7BBCHEAVEN

Title says it all really.

Instead of just giving you a campervan wristband when they take your tickets, you have to keep your paper ticket on you and present it on exit. Pretty silly.

What could be worse? Oh yeah, on leaving they also give you another piece of paper that you can't lose to regain entry the next day.

Im honestly not sure I could invent a more tedious system, surely just giving out campervan and festival wristbands when they check your camper ticket would make far more sense?

No but that's my point, normally (non-campervaning) you present your ticket and get a wristband, paper ticket can go wherever after that.

Needing it to go up and down to the campers everytime seems a pointless risk when a second wristband would do

Edited by BBC7BBCHEAVEN

6 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Interesting because in Sticklinch you just get a wristband and that's all you need 

That’s not true… He’s essentially talking about passing out… Sticklinch is a separate fenced area, that’s why the wristbands. Whereas you leave the fence for campervans, so essentially you ‘pass out.’ 

If we pass out of Sticklinch to go to the car (which is less than 100m from my tent!) then we have the same faff, separate pass out stubs etc. I’ve been doing it a lot for safe(ish) storage, and it is both a drag and a worry. 

11 minutes ago, Ashl said:

What happens if you lose the passout (or worse the ticket).. always wondered in fear!

You head off to a cabin for a couple of hours, they’ll ask all sorts of weird questions, then they double wristband you and let you in 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Agree.... Shelter crew campsite is just outside Gate C and we were given EPO wristbands which speed up whole exit/entry process and not so easy to lose. Would make sense to also issue these with campervan ticket 

But we know they've had security issues with EPO wristbands in earlier years, so maybe they hesitated to roll out further. 

I stayed in CV East for a decade and Tbh was never bothered by the pass out. Only went through once a day and stewards were of course always lovely.