Dealing with Glasto fomo..

Gashead86

Embracing it I think!

I didn’t try for tickets for 2020 due to health reasons and no one else in our group managed to get tickets and didn’t try in the resale, so have had a lot of time to accept I won’t be there.

I’m going to embrace the BBC coverage and cross my fingers for 2023 tickets in October. 

Good for you guys! I personally have a huge knot in my stomach. Feel genuinely sad at not being there! Utterly ridiculous really! But, when the thing you’re missing is as glourious as Glasto I guess it stands to reason that you’ll be a little blue at not being there. 

1 minute ago, Gashead86 said:

Good for you guys! I personally have a huge knot in my stomach. Feel genuinely sad at not being there! Utterly ridiculous really! But, when the thing you’re missing is as glourious as Glasto I guess it stands to reason that you’ll be a little blue at not being there. 

I do know what you mean.

I haven’t been now since 2017 and I’m convinced when I do next manage to get tickets, there’ll be some tears when I arrive.

• Upvote 1

The fact that we are posting on here shows a level of embracing… 

failed to get tickets for the first time since 2007…. 
tbh, my arthritic knee is causing so much grief that it would have broken me..

As a CV dweller I am used to turning up on Tuesday… and Tuesday-Thursday is probably as enjoyable as the weekend..

I am interested to see how good the BBC  coverage is…my daughter on the other hand is trying to ignore the whole thing..

7 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Yeah this is me as well. Missed out on tickets in 2019 & despite entering every competition going, winning a ticket was the only way I could have justified going this year as lots going on at home. 

I think due to the 3 year absence I’ve enjoyed the build up more this year than ever, but now it’s actually happening & I’m seeing wonderful photos of the site and everyone arriving it’s making me feel pretty down.

But - I will be watching tonnes on the box over the wkend & I will continue to enjoy peoples photos/videos of the site. It looks glorious and I’m so happy it’s a good one weather wise after such a wait. Soak it in!! And fingers crossed I can be there in 2023!! 

I was OK with it until I had to log on for work this morning - I've already had to deal with 12 irate customers on the phone this morning - when I should be on my way to the farm!

I had a ticket for 2020 but put it back in the pot due to a number of issues (mobility, financial, etc), so any fomo is down to me, but I feel for people who desperately wanted to go but couldn't get tickets.

Once I've finished work today (not back at work until Tuesday) I'll be fully embracing the coverage on i-player and radio!

Feeling a little conflicted at the moment. That moment of arrival at the farm is so joyous. Missed out on tickets this time and hoping that the ticket gods smile on me in October for 2023. 

I'll watch some of the coverage but as it is often very centred on the Pyramid Stage and performers it won't really get to the bits of the festival I love most like Avalon and Park. Enjoyed Bearded Theory a few weeks ago but missing not having a festival to look forward to this summer now.

3 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Feeling a little conflicted at the moment. That moment of arrival at the farm is so joyous. Missed out on tickets this time and hoping that the ticket gods smile on me in October for 2023. 

I'll watch some of the coverage but as it is often very centred on the Pyramid Stage and performers it won't really get to the bits of the festival I love most like Avalon and Park. Enjoyed Bearded Theory a few weeks ago but missing not having a festival to look forward to this summer now.

Most of Park stuff is usually on i-player even if it's not on the BBC coverage. Obviously Avalon stuff isn't.

After missing out this year and finally giving up hope after the 6Music comp finished yesterday, I'm now trying to focus my thoughts on making up for it next year - getting a good group together, coordinating ticket efforts in October, getting organised early etc.

Constantly browsing this forum probably isn't helping my FOMO at the moment though!

I'm absolutely gutted I'm not there. Made slightly easier that none of my group managed to get tickets for this year, but there's still no where else on this planet I'd rather be right now! Will still watch as much of it as possible - its great that after the uncertainty of the past few years that its actually here again - looking forward to seeing peoples photos and reading about their experiences. Just hope the ticket gods smile down on us unfortunate ones next year!

It is very odd isn't it, I think if I am being honest with myself Glasto FOMO is probably actually rooted more in the passing of time general anxiety. The feeling of getting older, the memories of Glasto's gone by etc etc. 

Of course not being there hurts, but none of my friends are there this year either so I am not so much missing Glast 2022 I don't think, more all of the Glasto's gone by! 

The remedy in previous years I have missed out has been to embrace the coverage and I have no doubt that doing so again will help. 

5 minutes ago, adms said:

Yup!

Planning on driving down and sitting at the Tor for a bit this evening.....will this be a huge mistake?

I have debated doing the same many a festival gone by that I could not go to for one reason or another... I always decided against it in the end. I think for me being that close and being able to see it all laid out in front of you but not actually being able to go in would be torturous. 

On the other hand perhaps being that close and being able to see it would actually make you feel like you were a part of it? After all, when sitting up on top of the hill under the Glasto sign you are about the same distance away from the hub bub as the Tor anyway! 

Def embracing. Gonna watch the evening's highlights on iPlayer with a couple of cold ciders/beers/Cuba Libres, and generally look out for what's going on over the weekend. Still missing out, but I've accepted it this year and hopeful for next year.

Haven't been since 2017, but that's mostly due to diff circumstances. 2018 was a fallow year, 2019 came baby no.1, then the pandemic hit, baby no. 2 came this year. 2023 is only ever realistically my best chance. Prob be more gutted than I am not if I don't bag tickets in Oct!

Embracing it but missing being there.  Trawling online for pics of the lucky people on site.  Found one of a couple up by the Crows Nest and realised how fucking good it is to be up there taking the vast panorama in. 

Yep I wish I was there, at least we got to go to GM and EOTR last year so the gap hasn't been as bad as for some people.  6Music on and will be watching the coverage on BBC over the weekend.

20 minutes ago, adms said:

Yup!

Planning on driving down and sitting at the Tor for a bit this evening.....will this be a huge mistake?

As nice as that sounds personally that would be a huge mistake for me. Would bring the fomo on big time. I'm quite content 200 miles away.

Edited by Cooter

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

As nice as that sounds personally that would be a huge mistake for me. Would bring the fomo on big time. I'm quite content 200 miles away.

Ye, I agree personally. 

I have always also debated trying my luck with 'hopping the fence' and I think if I did go down to the Tor the urge to go over to the site and try my luck would be too strong!