Crisp gate A B C D

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I never did post an update to this... The ban being revoked was because it was never intended for the public in the first place. It was intended for the caterers on Sticklinch. They weren't allowed to sell crisps that were not bought at the in-fest wholesale area... (Where they had a specific brand in compostable bags.)

So there you have it... The rule was that caterers couldn't bring crisps on site, but could buy the compostable ones from the wholesale market on site... Somehow this got confused by security to mean that we couldn't bring crisps... No biggie, mistakes happen.

They even saved all of the confiscated crisps at the gate for people to go back and collect them if they wanted. 

Thanks for the update. So nothing to do with cows and definitely nothing to do with innocent punters on gate A then. Glastonbury daftness.

3 hours ago, Cleoclaptrap said:

Thanks for the update. So nothing to do with cows and definitely nothing to do with innocent punters on gate A then. Glastonbury daftness.

It was to do with cows. Hence why they wanted the traders to use the compostable bags. It was the farmer who owned sticklinch who insisted on it. 

No idea if anyone came back to claim, but I worked the last shift on Sunday and security came round with a big bag of them and dished them out amongst us all

Edited by philipsteak
Sunday, not Wednesday

I swear this nonsense got me proper stressed on Wednesday.  I'd chosen to hide my contraband in a multipack of mini cheddars and was sweating it the whole journey as it was in the hold of the coach with no way to easily get it out.

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Any ideas where they went ? Hopefully a  food bank in the end if they weren’t collected 

No idea sorry... The only reason I got told this is because a lot of the security team up there were from Derby / Derbyshire, so spent a lot of time talking to them. 

3 hours ago, Cleoclaptrap said:

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

It was to do with cows. Hence why they wanted the traders to use the compostable bags. It was the farmer who owned sticklinch who insisted on it. 

No idea if anyone came back to claim, but I worked the last shift on Wednesday and security came round with a big bag of them and dished them out amongst us all

As @philipsteak says, it still has everything to do with the cows and the fact they're working farms... But it makes a lot more sense now as to why there was confusion. The ban was intended to be for caterers / retail only, but was miscommunicated.

(I have no idea what / if anything happened at gate A, sorry, I'm only talking about Sticklinch here.)

I did see one person collect a multipack for sure! (We were camped right next to the security post / gate on Row A2) But I have absolutely no idea how they, or anybody, would have known that they could go and collect them, so I guess most were left uncollected.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

wonder if this might get extended to punters in an official capacity next year ..... Emily talked about crisps in her recent interview 

To paraphrase Jarvis Cocker: "Trolls are still running the world." 

Wtf is going on with these pathetic pricks invading our forum with their nonsense? Upvote to negate that twat.

6 hours ago, Russell Carps said:

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is my MASSIVE PRONG, the most powerful PRONG in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

What a weird old troll you are.