Crisp gate A B C D

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, BigMarv said:

I'm serious. Tangfastics are integral to my festival experience.

Hey I didn't doubt your seriousness, it's whenever there's a drama and there are questions about potentially broadening it to other areas 😄 

• Upvote 1

Sticklinch security were confiscating every bag / multipack of crisps. Huge pile of the ‘contraband’ behind their bench. 

They said it was due to the effect on the cows!!! Literally claimed that it had led to health problems with the dairy cows!!! I shit you not!

Then, imagine my disgust when every convenience store, and Co-op, were all selling that same brand of crisps mentioned earlier in the thread!!! 

#SellOuts

• Upvote 1

UPDATE: Crisp ban revoked!! 

have just spoken to some lovely stewards who explained that it was a ban on the Sticklinch fields particularly, (and presumably any others owned by the same farm) specified by the farmer that owns those fields. Hence crisps still being available to buy elsewhere.

But that ban has now been revoked and anybody arriving today can bring as many damn mini cheddars as they please… (not that they’re crisps in the first place!!!)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never did post an update to this... The ban being revoked was because it was never intended for the public in the first place. It was intended for the caterers on Sticklinch. They weren't allowed to sell crisps that were not bought at the in-fest wholesale area... (Where they had a specific brand in compostable bags.)

So there you have it... The rule was that caterers couldn't bring crisps on site, but could buy the compostable ones from the wholesale market on site... Somehow this got confused by security to mean that we couldn't bring crisps... No biggie, mistakes happen.

They even saved all of the confiscated crisps at the gate for people to go back and collect them if they wanted. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I never did post an update to this... The ban being revoked was because it was never intended for the public in the first place. It was intended for the caterers on Sticklinch. They weren't allowed to sell crisps that were not bought at the in-fest wholesale area... (Where they had a specific brand in compostable bags.)

So there you have it... The rule was that caterers couldn't bring crisps on site, but could buy the compostable ones from the wholesale market on site... Somehow this got confused by security to mean that we couldn't bring crisps... No biggie, mistakes happen.

They even saved all of the confiscated crisps at the gate for people to go back and collect them if they wanted. 

Any ideas where they went ? Hopefully a  food bank in the end if they weren’t collected 

18 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

1CC95B28-0806-4AD0-9BAB-5B6A14D594B7.thumb.jpeg.e8bfdafe79f69712b166c277ef7067e6.jpeg

• Upvote 1