Crisp gate A B C D

Crazyfool01

Just now, kingbadger said:

Blacklist Supre from the festival for bringing filthy US 'potato chips' to Glastonbury 

Well I only got Planters peanuts, Ritz  crackers and a pretzel twists. 😂

they sell Doritos  and Pringles at Tesco so dont tell me that my american chips arent imported here anyway!

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well I only got Planters peanuts, Ritz  crackers and a pretzel twists. 😂

they sell Doritos  and Pringles at Tesco so dont tell me that my american chips arent imported here anyway!

Supre getting 10 years for crisp smuggling 

There's no way that Glastonbury would suddenly decide "No crisps" as an official policy, and definitely not on a whim when gates open without warning everyone. 

However, a verified occurrence of it has caused me to revert to the classic "stick it in your boxers" approach to the party supplies.

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yes, it’s looking increasingly like bullshit now.

nothing on twitter, and if this was happening you would expect the attendant outrage.

This is better be bullshit. I’ve got packs of wasabi peas. I don’t want to be putting them up my arse with the rest of my stash that’s for damn sure. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Literally not a novelty topic. I wish it was. I’m 12 packs of Mini Cheddars down right now.

Hey, I'm a BBC News journalist. Would you be willing to have a quick chat to me about your confiscated mini cheddars? Thanks

29 minutes ago, uscore said:

Security Guard A:  Yeah mate, it's crisps we have to take, and er, what else was it?

Security Guard B: Er, beer!  Yeah we have to confiscate one of your beers I'm afraid, especially if it is cold.  Anything else?

Security Guard A: um, [to punter]  you got any Haribo?

Security Guard B: ooh yeah, could go for some of that. Right everyone, who's packing Haribo?

etc

By the end of that conversation were the security guards talking in a high pitched child voice.

4 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

This is better be bullshit. I’ve got packs of wasabi peas. I don’t want to be putting them up my arse with the rest of my stash that’s for damn sure. 

You definitely don’t want to do that with wasabi, that would make for a long and uncomfortable weekend.

Setting up in Big Ground now. Walked through Coach Entrance of Gate A and one of the questions they were asking was: "Got any crisps?". As well as the usual: "Got any glass?". I assume they were going to confiscate them if you said yes. We didn't have any, so we were fine.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Ha nah they decided to do some early security checks before they even opened the gate midway through the queue for Gate A and they’ve been confiscating peoples multipacks of crisps. They didn’t really seem to know why and weren’t sure if other stuff had to be taken too like sweets/biscuits (apparently not, just crisps or crisp-like snacks).

Given we've all got a list of which items are permitted or restricted, what would be their justification for doing this? 

Were these your special illegal cheddars? 

If not surely you would have questioned this?   😊