What was your first headliner!

Cleverleyson

I been on a little rabbit hole oh old Glastonbury gigs and just found this wonerfull video. Little too deep into the cider and going down memory lane, but this was my first headliner. Bowie was saturday mind. But this was moment for a me. Folklore is the chemicals were too loud that they would never be on the pyramid again and i like that story.

Edited by Cleverleyson

I think it must have been Bjork in 1994..  But I don't remember it!  I do remember The Levellers though, but I think that was later in the weekend.  Bit sketchy! 

8 minutes ago, sunnyshoes said:

Me too - 2000 was my first Glastonbury too. I was ridiculously close to the front for the chemical brothers. Then right at the back by the lane for David Bowie and that's my preferred spot now - love looking down like that. 

You and me are kin. Saw Bowie at the back, when you used to be able to have fires, was so chill and amazing.

2 minutes ago, bexj said:

I think it must have been Bjork in 1994..  But I don't remember it!  I do remember The Levellers though, but I think that was later in the weekend.  Bit sketchy! 

First band I ever saw there was waking up to Jah Wobble and the Invaders of the Heart on the Pyramid (was camped just up in Big Ground) in 1994.

4 minutes ago, Cleverleyson said:

You and me are kin. Saw Bowie at the back, when you used to be able to have fires, was so chill and amazing.

I miss seeing all the fires and those big candles in the crowd and then the smoky haze that hung over the valley at night. I don't know what year the fires started dying out so to speak. 

5 minutes ago, sunnyshoes said:

I miss seeing all the fires and those big candles in the crowd and then the smoky haze that hung over the valley at night. I don't know what year the fires started dying out so to speak. 

No idea man, But it had to maybe the last year, You used to have crazy fires near the stores too, it was a more wild time. DDnb blasting out at random. this video says it all.

20 minutes ago, Peroni said:

My first was 2009...

Neil Young on the pyramid.  Keep on rocking in the free world 

Tremendous and he kept on rocking...

https://youtu.be/fFw7q-BLxLA

Saw this thread, was looking for this video to share as it was mine too, ended up watching the whole 11 mins and you posted it before me! Genuinely life-changing performance for me.

Half expect to see Neil Young still on the pyramid tomorrow, still playing that song forever more...

My first ever headliner was Jay Z.

I was gutted not to see KOL but was at my leavers ball on the Friday. My Dad drove us through the small hours to get there. This year he is coming for the first time while I’m on my 9th.

Jay Z was UNREAL. Such a brilliant way to put two fingers up to the detractors, to prove hip hop stars are rock stars, that music is music and he understood what he had to do. That opening video into Wonderwall into 99 problems lives with me always.

13 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

My first ever headliner was Jay Z.

I was gutted not to see KOL but was at my leavers ball on the Friday. My Dad drove us through the small hours to get there. This year he is coming for the first time while I’m on my 9th.

Jay Z was UNREAL. Such a brilliant way to put two fingers up to the detractors, to prove hip hop stars are rock stars, that music is music and he understood what he had to do. That opening video into Wonderwall into 99 problems lives with me always.

Jay-Z was mine too!

• Like 1