Estimates for percentage of people that show up Tuesday night/wedsnday morning/Wednesday afternoon /Thursday morning morning /Thursday afternoon/ any other time

Seasider

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, stuie said:

Just under half of all coach travelers arrive during Thursday, so that's not possible. 

67,000 crew would all be there. That's 32% on site before gates even open. 

I believe the number of coach packages sold (including the 7,000 increase this year) is 29,000, so half of coach travelers = 14,500 people, or around 7%. 

32% + 7% = 39% definitely on site by Wednesday evening. 

That leaves 128,500 people as GA ticket holders / hospitality / artists. 

To hit 90% capacity (189,000 people) on site by Wednesday evening 107,500 GA ticket holders would need to arrive on Wednesday, with 21,000 GA / artists / hospitality following on Thursday/Friday, along with the <14,500 coach ticket holders who arrive on Thursday. 

That seems very likely to me. 

• Upvote 1

We arrived Thursday lunchtime and roads were empty and we had 0 queue. OK I had to wait like 20 seconds at the box office for one to be available. When entering the festival, stewards were almost excited to finally have a "customer". So the above does make sense.

Edited by moogster

21 minutes ago, moogster said:

We arrived Thursday lunchtime and roads were empty and we had 0 queue. OK I had to wait like 20 seconds at the box office for one to be available. When entering the festival, stewards were almost excited to finally have a "customer". So the above does make sense.

I arrived around the same time and had the same experience. The camper fields were more or less full, and when I drove out post-headliners on Sunday I could see that there had only been 100-200 more campers turn up since midday on Thursday. 

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

To hit 90% capacity (189,000 people) on site by Wednesday evening 107,500 GA ticket holders would need to arrive on Wednesday, with 21,000 GA / artists / hospitality following on Thursday/Friday, along with the <14,500 coach ticket holders who arrive on Thursday. 

Didn't he say 95%? 

Anyone who turns up on Wednesday morning, or worse still actually sit's outside the gates all night from Tuesday, is an absolute philistine/mug. Look at me, I love Glastonbury so much im going to waste hours of my time in a queue to then go and camp in a field for 5 days anyway. The BBC might even interview me in my wellies! Get a grip.

Topical at the moment, its a bit like dumb people who turn up at the airport 5 hours early for their flight and then find themselves queuing out of the door and wondering what's going on. 

Sensible people have already gained entry, legitimate or otherwise, long before those stuck outside the gate in the hope of camping right by the pyramid stage. Do yourselves a favour, stop being so tragically keen, and save yourselves the hassle. You'll still see everyone you want to see, and if you are camped in a spot not particularly near some pissers, well then that's what the bushes are for every morning. 

If you really must camp somewhere specific, get your mates in crew or the ones who have snuck in to aggressively save you a space near their tent. Rocket science it aint. 

Edited by CauliflowerEar
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I got one at the front near the path. Didnt venture further back.

Good to know though. Makes my later arrival from now on easier.

We camp in Lime Kiln every year…definitely busier this year, and much more of Wicket reallocated to general camping than previous years (at one point, the family camping fence came right up to the road in Lime Kiln), so without that, it would have been even busier. There will usually always be space in Lime Kiln (relative to fields closer in), and further back, the hill is a lot steeper so you’ll end up in a crumpled heap down the end of your tent every morning if you go up too high!. Either side of the road are usually grand. We were late Wednesday and had no trouble getting 8 tents pitched together. 

On 7/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, The Nal said:

I got one at the front near the path. Didnt venture further back.

Good to know though. Makes my later arrival from now on easier.

I was up the top of the hill, just past the big shrub… didn’t seem any busier than usual, a couple of spots free nearby all weekend

The percentages surely ebb and flow. I remember when they opened up parking overnight on the Tues and there was an increase that year of people turning up on Wed. Same as this year, people were ravenous for getting there early. 

I think next year, it'll be a little differerent, but no doubt all the people who couldn't get tickets from the last three years - because people could hold their tickets from 2020 - there will be a similar amount of interest as turning up as soon as possible. 

I would guess that 70% of the festival will be camped up by Wednesday 2023.