Estimates for percentage of people that show up Tuesday night/wedsnday morning/Wednesday afternoon /Thursday morning morning /Thursday afternoon/ any other time

Seasider

Taking 200k as the baseline

1-2% Tuesday afternoon increasing to up to 10% by 6/7am

I think it’s then a 40 / 40 / 10 split across Weds, Thurs, rest of weekend (ignoring Sunday day tickets).

I’m likely way off but it feels like that from the campsites and judging by how many can get time off work and when they can travel etc. Could be chatting nonsense though. I wonder if the festival has the data? I imagine they do.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

Taking 200k as the baseline

1-2% Tuesday afternoon increasing to up to 10% by 6/7am

I think it’s then a 40 / 40 / 10 split across Weds, Thurs, rest of weekend (ignoring Sunday day tickets).

I’m likely way off but it feels like that from the campsites and judging by how many can get time off work and when they can travel etc. Could be chatting nonsense though. I wonder if the festival has the data? I imagine they do.

Absolutely no chance the site is only 50% full on Wednesday.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:47 AM, ceetee said:

Absolutely no chance the site is only 50% full on Wednesday.

Going on this year I have to agree. It's been a while since I've been so memory was fuzzy.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, chazwwe said:

I would say 75% by Wednesday evening. 90% by Thursday. With the last 10% coming in on Friday.

This feels right instead of the nonsense I spewed above.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, chazwwe said:

I would say 75% by Wednesday evening. 90% by Thursday. With the last 10% coming in on Friday.

90% by Thursday evening - I would say this is pretty spot on. 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I arrived on Thursday morning and there were a couple of dozen people getting bands at the same time. The odd bus load here and there. 95% of people are in by Wednesday evening.

Just under half of all coach travellers arrive during Thursday, so that's not possible. 

Definitely think that with it being the first festival since 2019 combined with the train strikes that the vast majority were there by Wednesday evening, the site felt heaving 

Edited by Levitz

Having camped in Rivermead the last few years and arriving Wed and Thurs afternoon I would guess based on this year

Wednesday night 80%

Thursday night 95%

It was certainly more full, much earlier this year, we would have struggled to get anywhere near our usual spot in Rivermead had we arrived Thursday afternoon again this year

Quite difficult to guess as some camp sites will be 99% full Wednsday (Pennards, Oxlyers, etc) but others I think will probably have lots of space (Rigs field, South Park, etc) - everyone finds a space in the end (I think?!)

54 minutes ago, The Nal said:

How many is just under half? I was there at 11am and Gate A was a ghost town

Not sure exactly as I was on gate C for all my shifts but friends on A told me about half as many people through first time entry and it’s mainly coaches and drop offs. 

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

Having camped in Rivermead the last few years and arriving Wed and Thurs afternoon I would guess based on this year

Wednesday night 80%

Thursday night 95%

It was certainly more full, much earlier this year, we would have struggled to get anywhere near our usual spot in Rivermead had we arrived Thursday afternoon again this year

Quite difficult to guess as some camp sites will be 99% full Wednsday (Pennards, Oxlyers, etc) but others I think will probably have lots of space (Rigs field, South Park, etc) - everyone finds a space in the end (I think?!)

South park was MUCH more busy by evening weds than in the last couple fests (it's our usual spot, was very noticeable)

1 hour ago, Upside down frowner said:

The hilla bove the Park in Wednesday evening was absolutely packed this year compared to previous 4 festivals we have attended. Friends couldn't get there nromally camping spots on Wednesday afternoon. The e year wait, weather and trains must have made the thur/fri arrivers come early

I think lots of people stayed on the peripheries this year - Pennards still had space at midday Wed which I've never ever known before. I think more people queued on Tues, so when they got through the gate they were knackered and just flopped in the nearest available spot.

Same as the crowd problems - people settling at the edges.

On 6/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, The Nal said:

I arrived on Thursday morning and there were a couple of dozen people getting bands at the same time. The odd bus load here and there. 95% of people are in by Wednesday evening.

Most times I've been I've arrived Wednesday afternoon and even then there is no queues to get in and very few people getting wrist bands.

I think most people arrive Wednesday morning. I know you get more options for where you can camp, but I don't see the point of being in massive queues in the morning. The one time I arrived Tuesday night/very early Wednesday morning we did get an amazing camp spot, but don't think it was worth putting up with the queueing when you are already knackered after a long drive (might feel differently if I lived closer)

Wasn't there this year so can't comment on how train strikes affected when people arrived.

13 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Most times I've been I've arrived Wednesday afternoon and even then there is no queues to get in and very few people getting wrist bands.

I think most people arrive Wednesday morning. I know you get more options for where you can camp, but I don't see the point of being in massive queues in the morning. The one time I arrived Tuesday night/very early Wednesday morning we did get an amazing camp spot, but don't think it was worth putting up with the queueing when you are already knackered after a long drive (might feel differently if I lived closer)

Wasn't there this year so can't comment on how train strikes affected when people arrived.

I timed where we would've aimed for had we been in Wednesday morning vs where we ended up arriving Thursday morning. With no queue. 2 mins 59 seconds away. 

On 6/29/2022 at 7:59 PM, zxc208 said:

I was told that a fair number of people was queing outside the gates on Monday to beat the train strikes

anyone see that?

Didnt see anyone queuing outside on the monday, the earliest i saw was about 1pm tuesday on the route up to gate b - one group of about 8 people, and then the empty zigzags behind them, and across the road from about 5pm the hardcore were queuing by the green fence thats at the side of the oxfield, towards the car parks.

I was camped in the oxfield listening to them all night while in my nice comfy bed! It got moving pretty steadily from before 8am, and was right up the hill for a good couple of hours. It was fascinating viewing!