There is a magic about this place!

circus92

I know you all know this already,  but there is an indescribable magic about this place.   I have only been here for 7 hours and it has got me already, and I’m not even in the gates yet!!!

I have such high expectations thanks to you lot, and was worried it wouldn’t live up, and yet I am already in love.

I have had a fantastic day - great spot in E19, made friends with 4 neighbours who are all beyond friendly and were all falling over themselves to help me with my tent.

Had a bbq in glorious sunshine , a few ciders and now sitting on the hill watching the sunset.  The atmosphere is electric - you can actually feel it ❤️

There is an aura about the place that I cannot describe - just looking down below at what lies in wait is incredible  -  I can’t wait to get in through the gates tomorrow!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 25

Just now, circus92 said:

I know you all know this already,  but there is an indescribable magic about this place.   I have only been here for 7 hours and it has got me already, and I’m not even in the gates yet!!!

I have such high expectations thanks to you lot, and was worried it wouldn’t live up, and yet I am already in love.

I have had a fantastic day - great spot in E19, made friends with 4 neighbours who are all beyond friendly and were all falling over themselves to help me with my tent.

Had a bbq in glorious sunshine , a few ciders and now sitting on the hill watching the sunset.  The atmosphere is electric - you can actually feel it ❤️

There is an aura about the place that I cannot describe - just looking down below at what lies in wait is incredible  -  I can’t wait to get in through the gates tomorrow!

Aw circus how lovely … the fun starts here 

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Out of upvotes, but consider this one. Enjoy your evening, I’m envious 

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Bang on the money. I just said similar, but not so eloquently to @GlastoEls

Big thanks to @BlueDaze who is the main reason I decided to come on the Tuesday.  I remember you posting about 2 years ago and your amazing description of sitting on the hill with the anticipation of what is to come had me sold instantly.  You were not wrong - many many thanks 🙏 👍😁

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

I'm at Bath & West - slightly jealous of those at CV East 😂

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Big thanks to @BlueDaze who is the main reason I decided to come on the Tuesday.  I remember you posting about 2 years ago and your amazing description of sitting on the hill with the anticipation of what is to come had me sold instantly.  You were not wrong - many many thanks 🙏 👍😁

bittersweet as i sit on my couch reading this.... My first visit was 2007 (missed 2008 by design) and then began bringing my daughters from 2009... This is the first we have missed (My buddy is in E18) and part of me is sick with jealousy

However, your description at the top of this post warms my heart that new people are getting to share in what you rightly call the indescribable magic...

Every time i have climbed that hill at the end of the day/night, ive stopped and taken a look in awe..

Have the best of times @circus92... Try not to tear arse around the site afraid of missing acts (difficult on your first visit).. take your time and sit outside a bar and chat with a randomer "how's your festival..?"

Get along to the eFests meet and shake hands with @crazyfool1for me.... (I have only been brave enough to wander past without going in!).. He epitomises this site.

Hopefully, i will be parked in E19 beside you next year!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

bittersweet as i sit on my couch reading this.... My first visit was 2007 (missed 2008 by design) and then began bringing my daughters from 2009... This is the first we have missed (My buddy is in E18) and part of me is sick with jealousy

However, your description at the top of this post warms my heart that new people are getting to share in what you rightly call the indescribable magic...

Every time i have climbed that hill at the end of the day/night, ive stopped and taken a look in awe..

Have the best of times @circus92... Try not to tear arse around the site afraid of missing acts (difficult on your first visit).. take your time and sit outside a bar and chat with a randomer "how's your festival..?"

Get along to the eFests meet and shake hands with @crazyfool1for me.... (I have only been brave enough to wander past without going in!).. He epitomises this site.

All good advice 👍

I really hope you get tickets next year and I do as well - I would like nothing more than to thank you in person and buy you a few drinks.  Fingers crossed 🤞

16 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Aw thanks bd .. see you for the next one 🙂 and hopefully OD will be there too 

It'll be five years since my last Glasto. That's the longest stretch and I miss it so much especially after the last few years of crap in the world. I vow never to go that long again without returning! I feel like it is a kind of spiritual home in a way.  I gave up trying to explain it to people, plus I don't want to add to the competition for tickets 😅