Queue watch

Crazyfool01

40 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The 4-5 hour wait in gate a. Has ruined me. Ran out of water, proper heat stroke and atshma playing up. What the fuck was that.

Shit sorry to hear that, hope you’re ok.

do you know what caused the hold up vs the experience at other gates? Was it the number of people or were searches stricter?

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

do you know what caused the hold up vs the experience at other gates? Was it the number of people or were searches stricter?

No idea. Got through and one of the female stewards on the wrist band area asked if it was busy because people have been coming in ' slowly ' I mentioned how no water was being handed out and another chimmed in with ' they were meant to'

Gate A was an absolute shit show. On a hot year, I always pack lots of frozen water and capri sun's and ended up giving 4 or 5 out to people absolutely desperate in the queue. One poor lad offered me £20 for one and looked very sorry for himself. I would never charge of course! Once we were in, we got a pass out to get our second lot of stuff in and there were cans of water offered everywhere...AFTER the queue had completely ended. Very poor organisation.

27 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

The hold up at gate D was a combination of additional searches, which weren’t strict at all (Checking for glass type checks) and a lack of wristbands. Two out of the four wristband workers ran out as I went through. 

My sister and boyfriend arrived on coach from London and were in the queue by PGA before 7am.

It took over 3 hours to get through the gates with ZERO access to water. They ended up straight in the medical tent once in with heat exhaustion and dehydration. A bit rubbish really for the festival to allow that to happen. It's never been like that before and I've been coming in on Wednesdays in 2017 and 2019.

Hope it's straight in now for everyone who's arriving. Definitely make sure you have plenty of water with you!

16 minutes ago, Jao999 said:

Sorry to hear about the queues. Did anyone get a coach from London this morning? My one is at 7am tomorrow and I’m thinking is it worth just walking over to gate D from the drop off

Clearly a massive quantity of people have arrived today (including some who queued for 12 hours overnight), so not sure you'd be wise to guess anything about tomorrow from that. I'm arriving by coach tomorrow and will wait and see. 

39 minutes ago, TheUltracheese said:

Hope you're okay mate. We had this in 2019, absolutely destroys you for that first day, write off.

Currently sitting in my fresh and black tent up in darble because I couldn't go any further. Partner isn't down till tomorrow. Today is a sit down and rest 

We drove up from Glastonbury town to West car park at 1pm, no traffic queues at all (thanks parsonjack for the advice!), directed to pink car park unfortunately so quite a walk to Gate A. No queue to get in, and plenty of camping space this side of the site in Darble, Pylon, Rivermead and Bushy. West Side rules!

Have fun people!

42 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I have never seen this many people on site on a Wednesday before. 

It was to be expected really, it's been 3 years since the last one and people are ready to go.

I'm surprised that they didn't seem prepared for this - appeared obvious to me.