Do they sell X at Glastonbury

HomicidalGoat

1 minute ago, Quahog5 said:

Cheers. Only asking in case mine breaks or gets lost. Was thinking they may sell disposable ones as they’re everywhere these days, not really in keeping with the ethos of the festival though so you’re probably right

Hmm maybe the stores might have disposable ones. You know they do sell lighters and tobacco so why not.

33 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Haha! I remember the woman shrugged and said 'meh, it'll ruin your festival if you don't buy them' and I responded 'no it bloody wont' and dealt with the myself. Luckily it didn't 😀

Some things simply cost more, but they don't sell many and they've brought it to the middle of nowhere. 

I am terrible for keeping a grudge...but not about retail prices - I save it for personal stuff 😉

32 minutes ago, Spindles said:

In past years it has either been much higher than normal real world prices (2009 and preceding years), a bit lower than normal (2010-2017 when it was cheaper than I pay locally) and then about the same as normal (2019).  Expect anywhere from normal pricing to a little higher, I think.

Yeah I was surprised how reasonable the price was (even for a pack of straights) last time

58 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Over the counter medicine you will be able to get at the little pharmacy stall,  Ranking my brains for where it is. I think just up from Williams Green.  Probably coop as well. 

I seem to remember it being close to Leftfield so I think it's south of William's Green.  Maybe next to the Charging point?

• Upvote 1

Long story but my PA needs shoes - not wellies but either trainers or hiking boots that will do her for the festival. Any ideas? The camping shop only seems to do wellies. 

Also for me, realised I brought the wrong cable and now can’t charge one of my portable chargers! Anyone know where I could buy a micro USB cable? Need it for my time here so don’t want to rely on borrowing and none of my mates have that one. 

On 6/21/2022 at 12:48 PM, HomicidalGoat said:

Thought I might start a thread for people's quick questions about what they do and don't sell at Glastonbury. I've packed and headed off now but realised I've forgotten some key items, I'm sure others might be in the same boat. 

🙂

Will I be able to buy:

• Individual tent pegs 
  • Grinders (for the morning coffee of course)
  • KOMBUCHA
  • Rope? NOT STRING
  • OTC medicine beyond painkillers (laxatives etc.)
  • Fresh fruit, mainly bananas I'm looking for. 
  • Straws

Thank you in advance

Have you tried the app?

13 hours ago, moonhunter said:

Long story but my PA needs shoes - not wellies but either trainers or hiking boots that will do her for the festival. Any ideas? The camping shop only seems to do wellies. 

Also for me, realised I brought the wrong cable and now can’t charge one of my portable chargers! Anyone know where I could buy a micro USB cable? Need it for my time here so don’t want to rely on borrowing and none of my mates have that one. 

just to say we found proper hiking shoes in Oxfam! still looking for a micro USB 

23 minutes ago, moonhunter said:

just to say we found proper hiking shoes in Oxfam! still looking for a micro USB 

I'm assuming the coop is a no. Do they still have those other 24/7 supermarket stands? Remember them being red and yellow, you couldn't go inside, it was just a stall. Failing that trail around the markets. 

On 6/21/2022 at 1:26 PM, discgoesmic said:

Haha! I remember the woman shrugged and said 'meh, it'll ruin your festival if you don't buy them' and I responded 'no it bloody wont' and dealt with the myself. Luckily it didn't 😀

That’s all good but where is this store? Superdrug charged me £6 per pack so I’ll happily pay £8 (I came with 2 packs, cara has gone through them already!!!) 

where can I get some blister packs have asked at the general stores… 

I started a separate thread but just seen this thread, is there anywhere to buy good quality ear plugs for live music, lost mine and would rather buy some more quality ones than using the free foam ones. 

Please help direct me if you can 🙂