GATE A to EAST Campervan WITHOUT TICKET

mercedesg

Hi, hoping someone can help. I am getting a taxi to glastonbury (arriving in the early hours on Thursday) and have been told taxis can only drop off at the rank at Gate A. The problem is that my dad has my ticket and he will be in a field in campervan east... how do i get there (or to gate C) if I can't go through the festival site? Thanks

7 minutes ago, mercedesg said:

Hi, hoping someone can help. I am getting a taxi to glastonbury (arriving in the early hours on Thursday) and have been told taxis can only drop off at the rank at Gate A. The problem is that my dad has my ticket and he will be in a field in campervan east... how do i get there (or to gate C) if I can't go through the festival site? Thanks

I think it would be best to have your Dad meet you with your ticket if he’s able where you get dropped off or someone else if he can’t. There is obviously no way through the festival without a ticket. Walking around the perimeter will be near impossible. 

thanks both of you for your responses! I am arriving around 1am due to my flight and I don't think my dad will be able to do that walk, esp in the dark, so will try to see if the taxi can drop me at the entrance to the campervan fields or else I will have to try to walk around the perimeter (and hopefully not get hit by a car...) 

29 minutes ago, mercedesg said:

thanks both of you for your responses! I am arriving around 1am due to my flight and I don't think my dad will be able to do that walk, esp in the dark, so will try to see if the taxi can drop me at the entrance to the campervan fields or else I will have to try to walk around the perimeter (and hopefully not get hit by a car...) 

Looking at the map you couldn’t be getting dropped off any further away! Walking the perimeter will be around 4/5 miles in the dark on roads as you won’t be allowed to follow the fence due to security checkpoints. If possible as said above, see if you can get as close to camper van fields drop off as you can. 

Have a good festival. F9C3EF28-0DC0-4E1B-8DF0-2CFA56080B8C.thumb.jpeg.eda62dcfb26aa51c46c93b7051bece9a.jpeg

4 hours ago, mercedesg said:

Get the taxi to aim for Pylle Village Hall - it's right by the BLUE ROUTE turn off for camper van fields.image.png.3f67eecd8ad1538f1bbdf526982be64c.png