cash or card

RossTC

1 minute ago, ilikebees said:

I literally put 80% of money in the lock ups and then I go to the brothers bat to find it cash only. I'd thought they'd have their shit together 

That's exactly what the folk at Brothers said about you 😉

I bought things about half dozen times over Thursday to Monday where it was advantageous to have cash - either because the place was cash only, was having issues with machines or in one case using cash meant being served at a bar by the person who was free, but did not have the scanner. 

On 6/24/2022 at 11:07 PM, al_coholic said:

Really bored with the cash only bollocks around the site now. Lots of the bars are now cash only. It's just lazy. There is signal. 

So they're lazy because they (in most cases) have either technical issues or lack  of scanners? 

That level of indignation is how I feel about those of you who are complaining - either ensure you've got a few twenties in your pocket just in case or shop elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, clarkete said:

So they're lazy because they (in most cases) have either technical issues or lack  of scanners?

As far as I'm aware, nearly everywhere had a scanner - all of the places I saw that were asking for cash were doing so because they couldn't get a sufficiently reliable mobile signal.

Every one of those places could've easily resolved that by sending someone over to to the EE tent, and purchasing a PAYG sim with 5GB data (easily enough) for £10.

Used only card for the first couple of days. Friday seemed particularly bad for me for places switching to cash only. Finally buckled and took cash out Saturday afternoon and then typically didn't use it once as everywhere I went seemed to find signal again...

15 minutes ago, incident said:

As far as I'm aware, nearly everywhere had a scanner - all of the places I saw that were asking for cash were doing so because they couldn't get a sufficiently reliable mobile signal.

Every one of those places could've easily resolved that by sending someone over to to the EE tent, and purchasing a PAYG sim with 5GB data (easily enough) for £10.

Ouch, if they were trying to use those networks all the customers were complaining about no wonder they had issues.