Just spoke to M.E

mrfunk

In April I was at Edinburgh train station waiting for a train to Sheffield when I clocked a bearded man on the platform. I thought to myself ‘it can’t be can it…’ right enough it was the main man. We ended up having a chat on the platform then later on into the journey for a good 20mins. Incredible piece of right place, right time luck 

52D8F45D-FE01-47A8-B85B-491CA15891F4.jpeg

7D7CB84D-8763-4477-A94E-4465AAA4E537.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, mrfunk said:

To clarify this 4pm carpark nonsense, I thought I would just ring the farm.  So I just rang the farm and M.E. answered...my god yes M.E. ! I was totally speechless ! I asked Michael and he said carparks will be open tomorrow ..not sure what time though. Was so embarrassed and star struck.. he asked where I was coming from, have I been before,  thanked me for my support (25 years)  and said have a great fest! I told him he's a true legend, as I was welling up thanked him for creating the best weekends I've ever had ! He said it's a pleasure,  cheerio and enjoy the festival!!!

Thats fantastic. What a down to earth awesome guy. I bumped into him a few times and one year, on the monday, he offered to give us a lift to the pub as our mini bus collection was delayed by many many hours after it broke down. We got to the pub so i can't remember if he actually arranged that for us. We got there and it was an excellent end to another fantastic festival. think we eventually got back to Sheffield about 2am Tuesday. 

Edited by PassingCloud

5 hours ago, MichaelsBeard said:

In April I was at Edinburgh train station waiting for a train to Sheffield when I clocked a bearded man on the platform. I thought to myself ‘it can’t be can it…’ right enough it was the main man. We ended up having a chat on the platform then later on into the journey for a good 20mins. Incredible piece of right place, right time luck 

52D8F45D-FE01-47A8-B85B-491CA15891F4.jpeg

He looks ecstatic to see you