Just spoke to M.E

mrfunk

To clarify this 4pm carpark nonsense, I thought I would just ring the farm.  So I just rang the farm and M.E. answered...my god yes M.E. ! I was totally speechless ! I asked Michael and he said carparks will be open tomorrow ..not sure what time though. Was so embarrassed and star struck.. he asked where I was coming from, have I been before,  thanked me for my support (25 years)  and said have a great fest! I told him he's a true legend, as I was welling up thanked him for creating the best weekends I've ever had ! He said it's a pleasure,  cheerio and enjoy the festival!!!

Edited by mrfunk
  • Like 18
  • Upvote 30

4 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

To clarify this 4pm carpark nonsense, I thought I would just ring the farm.  So I just rang the farm and M.E. answered...my god yes M.E. ! I was totally speechless ! I asked Michael and he said carparks will be open tomorrow ..not sure what time though. Was so embarrassed and star struck.. he asked where I was coming from, have I been before,  thanked me for my support (25 years)  and said have a great fest! I told him he's a true legend, as I was welling up thanked him for creating the best weekends I've ever had ! He said it's a pleasure,  cheerio and enjoy the festival!!!

That's awesome.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It is, isn't it?  It's just going to be fantastic, don't you think? (read in Michael's voice)

That's basically what he said in the end... Was just so damn embarrassed that I was asking such a trivial question, to a very busy almost God-like legend.. he also said he could check with his parking manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I do note that he didn't help in the slightest though!

Yep 😄😄, I didn't care at the time... So is 4pm or 9pm.. we will never know !

He once did a talk for my students. Came all the way to Nottingham in a cab. Paid for it all himself and was the perfect gent all day. Proper legend. Overriding memory was him turning up in his shorts in the middle of winter :-)

3 hours ago, mrfunk said:

He's such a casual legend 😊