Glastonbury to London taxi

MB1234

Apologies if there's already a useful thread on this (if so please let me know!) but can anyone recommend reputable taxi services from the festival to London? We're looking to get one back on Monday, probably middayish/early afternoon. And where would the collection point be from? (We are camping in Woodsies field which is near John Peel tent) Thanks a lot!

5 hours ago, MB1234 said:

Apologies if there's already a useful thread on this (if so please let me know!) but can anyone recommend reputable taxi services from the festival to London? We're looking to get one back on Monday, probably middayish/early afternoon. And where would the collection point be from? (We are camping in Woodsies field which is near John Peel tent) Thanks a lot!

I would say this would be very difficult to arrange as the traffic system is flipped on the Monday so it’s only one way and only out of the festival. A taxi coming in to site wouldn’t be possible. You would likely have to walk on the lanes for some distance until you get well clear of the festival traffic flow system and then arrange to meet the taxi at a landmark, pub or something similar. I’m sure some locals can recommend a taxi company. 

6 hours ago, MB1234 said:

The collection point is a short bus ride away. It's pretty easy to just hop on the bus from gate a for 10 minutes

7 hours ago, MB1234 said:

The official drop-offs and collection point is at the Bath & West Showground which provides regular shuttle-buses to the festival. Drop-offs and collections from the festival site is being strongly discouraged.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

The official drop-offs and collection point is at the Bath & West Showground which provides regular shuttle-buses to the festival. Drop-offs and collections from the festival site is being strongly discouraged.

Thanks for your message! Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but on the official map 'Private Bus and Taxi Rank' is marked next to the Bronze Gate. But you're saying getting a taxi from here isn't really feasible, and/or is being discouraged? Why is it on the map then? Thanks again

Perhaps you could start by calling taxi firms to see if they want to take such a long trip.  Taxis outside of the Festival week around here are patchy at best, don't turn up at worst. There is a rank but they will be short trips, fast turn around, maximum profit. You may find that on that particular day, no one is interested.  If you are lucky and find someone, arrange a pickup location with them as they will know where they can and can't stop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MB1234 said:

Thanks for your message! Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but on the official map 'Private Bus and Taxi Rank' is marked next to the Bronze Gate. But you're saying getting a taxi from here isn't really feasible, and/or is being discouraged? Why is it on the map then? Thanks again

Yes you are being stupid, no offence, but Glastonbury to London is not a 'taxi' 

10 hours ago, MB1234 said:

A considerable fee is being charged for vehicles to use the Bronze gate

I know this is not what you've asked for, but I feel like trying to arrange a taxi could be a nightmare for you and could end up not going to plan.

An alternative option could be getting the Bristol shuttle bus from site (they run pretty regular) which will take you to Bristol Temple Meads station. From there you can either try and arrange a taxi to London or get a direct train to London. 

• Like 1