Muse

MattBellamysLEDSunglasses

Hi all.

I am watching Muse headlining Isle Of Wight Festival on television and it is the best show I have ever seen.

Do we think they are going to headline Glastonbury next year? I think they should.

I would probably go and watch them as this is the best show I have ever seen.

They played Citizen Erased, Duality and The Gallery.

Please somebody tell me they will headline next year.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, MattBellamysLEDSunglasses said:

Hi all.

I am watching Muse headlining Isle Of Wight Festival on television and it is the best show I have ever seen.

Do we think they are going to headline Glastonbury next year? I think they should.

I would probably go and watch them as this is the best show I have ever seen.

They played Citizen Erased, Duality and The Gallery.

Please somebody tell me they will headline next year.

Thanks.

No, they won’t. Sorry. I think it’s too soon after they last headlined, and there is a big list of potential headliners far more likely to get the nod.

1 minute ago, turricandan said:

They have played headliner for every day on pyramid already.... would be a bit of a boring rebook... bit I do agree they are awesome live

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

No, they won’t. Sorry. I think it’s too soon after they last headlined, and there is a big list of potential headliners far more likely to get the nod.

Should bin off those Arctic Monkeys dossers and get Muse back they would destroy the Pyramid Field. Even Starlight is going off at IOW.

🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟

• Downvote 1

I'm a massive Muse fan and have seen them live many times, but from the TV footage last night it felt like they were just going through the motions compared to normal.  And new backing bloke is no Morgan Nicholls that's for sure!!

13 hours ago, MattBellamysLEDSunglasses said:

Should bin off those Arctic Monkeys dossers and get Muse back they would destroy the Pyramid Field. Even Starlight is going off at IOW.

🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟

What if . . . and bear with me here, cos this is big, potentially revelatory news. . . but what if Arctic Monkeys and Muse were both very dull bands? 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

I love Muse, I love their early works (up until Resistance or so), but I have a nagging feeling that they might be way past their prime at this point in time.

Their most recent singles do nothing to argue against this hypothesis.

FWIW Muse on their day can knock out a tune and put on a very good show, but they've very much felt like diminishing returns over the years. Best material very much in the past, but not good or big enough for that to bring them back to headliner status any time soon.

Was a fan of Muse for years and saw them a number of times and yes, they did always put on an amazing live show. However, I haven't paid much attention to their last couple of albums though and not heard many of their newer songs.

Watching some of that IOW footage, I couldn't help but wonder if they were actually taking the piss? At one point they played a song called "Behold, The Glove" and Matt Bellamy was playing his part on a massive glove that he was wearing. 

MUSE : Behold, The Glove (Simulation Theory Film) by Matt Bellamy_28 August  2020

4 minutes ago, hez said:

Was a fan of Muse for years and saw them a number of times and yes, they did always put on an amazing live show. However, I haven't paid much attention to their last couple of albums though and not heard many of their newer songs.

Watching some of that IOW footage, I couldn't help but wonder if they were actually taking the piss? At one point they played a song called "Behold, The Glove" and Matt Bellamy was playing his part on a massive glove that he was wearing. 

MUSE : Behold, The Glove (Simulation Theory Film) by Matt Bellamy_28 August  2020

He's definitely taking the piss. He's on stage wearing a fucking Nintendo Power Glove

nintendo-power-glove.jpg