Tents in Campervan field

BrimfulOfAsha

Hi

I'm going convoy in my camper with some friends in their campervan and we've got 4 tents between us to pitch in the East Campervan site so our friends can join us. The blurb on the website says we can't but just wondering how much leeway we'll get when we're on site to pitch them.

Thanks!

each 'pitch' gets enough room to put an awning up next to the van/caravan and a gap between pitches for a fire break, then a drivable gap between rows so the fire brigade can get in if needed. If you're in the way, the tents will get moved by camp staff. This isn't to be mean, its so in an emergency, services can get where they may be needed.

1 minute ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

Thanks Paul, does this mean I can still pitch a regular tent near me or does it have to be an awning? 

plenty of people squeeze in a tent on their pitch, two of those little pop up things if you don't have an awning, but four would be massivly pushing it 🙂

There are no marked up pitches, so it depends how big your vans/tents are.. We have often had a caravan (with large awning), Campervan and 3 mid size tents...

You can maximize your space by parking initially and then having a jiggle about once the stewards move onto the next happy campers... i.e. if one of you goes in backwards near the edge of the pitch (just let your new neighbours know what you are up to and make sure you are not encroaching on them) and the second goes in forwards again far edge of the pitch you may fit 2 tents either end..

quite often id depends on where abouts you are parked... If you get the end of a row or a funny shaped area then you may get more room than if you are in the middle of a neat row..

see this great aerial photo (albeit from 2016) to show what it can be like  http://web.archive.org/web/20160622093734/https://glastomap.com/