BBC2 9pm

Poorside.2

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Why hasn’t ME been knighted? This doc shows what he’s done for culture. Getting emotional that I have the privilege of being back there in 2 sleeps

The fact you used the word "privileged" makes me well up.. so can't wait for this !!! Xx

2 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

That was splendid. Really captured the spirit of the festival so well. One more day of clock watching to go for me.

that
that was great, the synic in me, says we'd be slagging that off as some nice free bbc promo if there were tickets still  to be sold.

That was an incredible show. We know it's not just a gig in a field and is so much more. Platforming Stormzy and what that does for wider society just shows the love and heart that is Glastonbury. We are very lucky people to be a part of this

1 minute ago, idb said:

Was really good. No Coldplay footage and only a couple of snippets from Chris Martin 😀

Yep thank God.. apart from the time he totally destroyed my favorite Kylie song

5 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

Yep thank God.. apart from the time he totally destroyed my favorite Kylie song

Can't get you out of my head is absolute perfect pop.  The remix that makes heavy use of the Blue Monday beat works amazingly well, but you know, let's get Chris Martin to ruin the top track of the set with an acoustic guitar.

13 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Can't get you out of my head is absolute perfect pop.  The remix that makes heavy use of the Blue Monday beat works amazingly well, but you know, let's get Chris Martin to ruin the top track of the set with an acoustic guitar.

Exactly this !! Was in shift (Oxfam volunteer , farm gate) and my supervisor suggested I had my 30min break during Kylie. Ran down from the farm , only to hear that prick totally destroy that top tune !! Would if been slamming !

43 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

That was great! Really well put together!

I loved the bit at the end seeing all the sketches and maps on the wall in Emily's office! Like a behind the scenes look!

See you all on the farm!

Yeah I noticed the Lotus and a drawing of Grace Jones.

25 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

I enjoyed Michael's review of orbital, the lights were fantastic, the music was bearable.

Only started watching the show late so have avoided this thread to avoid any spoilers but had to come on to mention this quote ... if I was Orbital I would have that on every bit of promotional merchandise I ever published... "our music is bearable according to Michael Eavis, but our lights are fantastic!". Fucking wonderful stuff.

1 hour ago, mikegday said:

Why hasn’t ME been knighted? This doc shows what he’s done for culture. Getting emotional that I have the privilege of being back there in 2 sleeps

Given his politics I'd suspect that he's been offered an honour once or twice (for entertainment and charity) but would politely decline.

It was cool to watch. They def just focused on the social stuff  with it moreso which is perfectly fine. First few sequences with the perfect political soundtracks and moments were good. Im sure Massive Attack were thrilled to be poking one at Thatcher. They couldve easily made it 3 hours and loaded in much more performances in there just to make people feel like theyre at the fest. Billie got a lot of coverage and Im sure that was on purpose to show theyre going to keep staying young and that she is headlining so theyll tune in on friday.

Edited by Suprefan

Loved that

What a great guy ME is. Love how open minded he was to letting things he didn't necessarily enjoy happen at something he created.

Not many people who create a 'business' would just accept that kind of change of direction to please the customers