Wrapping myself in cotton wool

plot2pot

52 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

I always think this at Christmas time. When I'm driving to work on Christmas eve on the M4, I always think if anything tragic happened  to me now, my family would always associate this day with my death, Christmas would be forever tainted with grief for them. 

Ha, I'm a happy soul.  Anyway I feel like shit, I've had covid twice. I think I just have a cold, I've tested five times in the last couple of days, all negative. 

For some reason I always worry about my teeth 😬

I've been going to Glastonbury for over a hundred years and I've got this irrational fear of toothache. Like I'm going to the furthest reaches of the rain forest with only a  Bruce Parry apprentice to mop my brow. 

I probably need more sleep, or something 😴 

They have a dentist on site.. been to see them once when I chipped my tooth. So pretty sure you’d be fine 😄

2 hours ago, bennyboi said:

I can’t, just bought a race bike got my first enduro in sept and my bike is significantly different to my old one so I NEED to get use to riding it. Plus if I don’t ride I get twitchy after 48hrs, Glasto or not.
So I’m keeping both wheels on the ground as much as I can & there’s a bit more comfort breaking until after G. 

I know the feeling. I get so aggy if I don't get out one weekend if it's raining. These past two weeks have been hard but I had two over the bar falls on my most recent two rides so got away with it very luckily.

2 hours ago, Kizzie said:

For some reason I always worry about my teeth 😬

I've been going to Glastonbury for over a hundred years and I've got this irrational fear of toothache. Like I'm going to the furthest reaches of the rain forest with only a  Bruce Parry apprentice to mop my brow. 

I probably need more sleep, or something 😴 

And I thought it was just me. I've been thinking about fillings for 2 months now since I tried to call my dentist for a check up and the earliest appointment they had was July. This thread is making me feel a lot more normal.

Jesus Christ, I've been a bit nervous about getting Covid, where normally I couldn't give a shit! Supposed to be meeting a mate after band practice in a small craft ale bar in Penwortham last Thursday. When I looked through the window it was rammed so I rang him and told him I wasn't coming in. We subsequently had a beer outside! lol. 

Today I was with a few of the G crew and we had an all dayer in Lancaster, to get some practice in, saw some folk I haven't seen for a while and did the 'fist bump' thing early on 😃. Train was rammed on the way there and again I was on edge but the journey back I couldn't care less. Pissed.

Fuck it, it is what it is. See you all in the field.