Isle of Wight 2023

galbani

It’s almost indescribable how it feels to be back on the island this year. It was busy and buzzing yesterday. Great weather too and bumped into a couple of friends we haven’t seen since 2019!

So the question I have is dates for 2023. I want to book the hotel we’re in for next year before we leave. The place is awesome. Breakfasts are superb and the owners are brilliant. He’s flexible enough to let us cancel if we need to as well. 

2023 dates anyone?

Thanks 

Springsteen's locked for the TW Classic in Belgium on the Sunday, which might well mark this as the most likely festival date in the UK for him to play. It would have to be the Friday however... is that likely?

His other option would surely be a BST run, given their flexibility on dates. Would image his own shows proper in the UK fall in that gap between May 27 and Jun 11 though - likely Manchester, Birmingham/Coventry and Glasgow, plus a potential London show dependent on whether he gets a BST booking.

Springsteen on a Friday? Surely way too big for a Friday. It would be awesome to have him at the IoW though.

If he played on the Sunday night - would that be enough time for him / crew / kit to get to Dusseldorf and set up? No idea how long these things take.

No UK dates up there - yet.... I'd certainly do a European trip / long weekend to see him - Barcelona or Copenhagen - both great cities!

On 6/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, SkipjackUK said:

maybe Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band?

on tour next year and yet to announce any UK dates. Friday 16th June 2023 might work based on current tour schedule.

just a wild guess 

bruce-ad-mat-6-9-copy-700x700.jpg

Feel like IOW have stepped back from massive bookings like Bruce? Muse is a step back towards it but i'm not sure. Reckon Chems are a lock.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Feel like IOW have stepped back from massive bookings like Bruce? Muse is a step back towards it but i'm not sure. Reckon Chems are a lock.

think chems might be heading to Glastonbury as part of their 4 year cycle topping the other stage 

Chemical Brothers could well do both. They'll be a lock for Glastonbury after they were forced to bail, but feel a pretty safe punt for a Friday night closer.

Who fills the occasional "eighties" headliner slot that Duran Duran had the other year? The latter's bill-topping excursion at BST this summer had me thinking. On the back of an acclaimed Other spot, would love to see Pet Shop Boys have a crack at it - certainly enough hits to fill - but feel they might need a co-headline situation.

If their reunion tour rolls through European festivals next summer, RHCP might be a shout too.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:06 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Chemical Brothers could well do both. They'll be a lock for Glastonbury after they were forced to bail, but feel a pretty safe punt for a Friday night closer.

Who fills the occasional "eighties" headliner slot that Duran Duran had the other year? The latter's bill-topping excursion at BST this summer had me thinking. On the back of an acclaimed Other spot, would love to see Pet Shop Boys have a crack at it - certainly enough hits to fill - but feel they might need a co-headline situation.

If their reunion tour rolls through European festivals next summer, RHCP might be a shout too.

Pet Shop Boys is a great shout.

PSB / older act with Chemical Brothers closing set / big rock act. would be well up for that 🙂 

11 hours ago, gfa said:

Pet Shop Boys is a great shout.

PSB / older act with Chemical Brothers closing set / big rock act. would be well up for that 🙂 

The strength of that Glastonbury set alone is a cracker. You could still knock a couple out and it would still make headline-length, particularly on a co-header bill.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Have to say, sticking Florence and the Machine and Foals as subs at Isle of Wight is a great line that would ruffle the feathers of some on the Glastonbury threads.

Did someone say this ? on the topic tho Foals are subbing the strokes at TRNSMT this year