Avon and Somerset Constabulary: Information and advice ahead of Glastonbury Festival

Neil

4 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

That is so funny mate. Brilliant.

I must say, you carried it off way better than I could! Cap doffed sir

😂 haha, a friend just spotted thus and screenshot to me...yeah it was fun times... the police onsite are really cool, they always light hearted and don't get involved unless you being dangerous 

21 minutes ago, jalien01 said:

I think it was 2008 that I saw police telling a naked old hippy dude that he couldn’t continue to walk around naked. And he needed to put clothes on right away or he’d be arrested. I suppose it’s a double edged issue here that indecent exposure laws still exist inside the festival and also with all the kids about it’s a bit dodgy but on the flip Glasto is supposed to be the place where you can  shed the shackles of everyday norms and be yourself. Tricky one to call. 

I might be an old hippy but I don’t see the problem with nudity in itself and children.
It might even let them see that every body is different and there is very rarely perfection helping them with any body image issues later in life

9 minutes ago, tarw said:

I might be an old hippy but I don’t see the problem with nudity in itself and children.
It might even let them see that every body is different and there is very rarely perfection helping them with any body image issues later in life

I absolutely agree and I don’t personally see and issue with it. I can see how it may split opinion though. 

3 hours ago, tarw said:

Project Servator?

Am I being overly suspicious that this is using the threat of terrorism as an excuse for heavy handed policing?

It would seem there were Project Servator exercises in 2019 as well and I didn't notice any major difference.

I tend to find the policing at Glasto is as decent as it can be. I think the fact that they put together all this without the usual "drugs are illegal here too" shite that most festivals policing teams spout is still a good sign.

• Upvote 1

If you’ve ever seen police just stood in static positions at the exits/entrances of busy train stations about 4 feet apart from each other.. that is Servator. They don’t carry guns, work in partnership with actual firearm units if necessary, most of the time they are just front line officers who have applied to that particular unit. 
I very much doubt that we will notice a difference in style of policing.

7 minutes ago, serendipitous said:

It would seem there were Project Servator exercises in 2019 as well and I didn't notice any major difference.

I tend to find the policing at Glasto is as decent as it can be. I think the fact that they put together all this without the usual "drugs are illegal here too" shite that most festivals policing teams spout is still a good sign.

Around 70% of a Servator op is covert anyway, so not noticing a difference means they've done their job as it should be. The overt indicators are simply a trigger for other aspects. Very effective tool.......without triggering the pearl clutchers this gives some indication. Readily available document so no compromise of OM.

https://www.cpni.gov.uk/system/files/documents/03/73/CPNI0068_Behavioural_Detection_Brochure_DIGITAL_V8.pdf