Car parks opening at 4pm

Fred Zepplin

Sorry to hijack... Question for the queue veterans... 

It's my first time queuing this year after getting the coach the last 10 years. When you join the queue on Tues night / Wed morning do you take just your tents and then go back for all your other stuff once the tents are up or do you take everything in one go?

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’d imagine (guessing ) that gates might also open a tad earlier than the slightly early they already do to ease pressure …  stewards are on duty from 6am on gates aren’t they ? 

Do all gates typically open at the same time, or are there some usually earlier than others?

1 minute ago, convey said:

Do all gates typically open at the same time, or are there some usually earlier than others?

Not sure possibly gate A opens slightly earlier than others … but it has all the pressure from the public transport … different every year I’d say … just depends when the gate crew are ready for us 

19 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

It's my first time queuing this year after getting the coach the last 10 years. When you join the queue on Tues night / Wed morning do you take just your tents and then go back for all your other stuff once the tents are up or do you take everything in one go?

Take everything you can carry in one go and join the queue, that way you don't have to go back - it fills up through the night

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Take everything you can carry in one go and join the queue, that way you don't have to go back - it fills up through the night

Thanks for the reply! 

So there is no 'fast track' type queue for re-entry once you have your wristbands to bring in the rest of your stuff? 

10 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

Thanks for the reply! 

So there is no 'fast track' type queue for re-entry once you have your wristbands to bring in the rest of your stuff? 

Yea there is … just differing options available … I do the 2 trip option … others choose the heavier do it once option … both suit some and not others 

• Thanks 1

Yes you might have to wait a bit to come back, but even if you get in almost immediately after gates opening, walk, set your tent up, rest for a bit, and then walk back - it's probably already been long enough. Certainly after midday I would've thought re-entry would be a doddle though the separate queue, yes - the only issue would be if there's too much of a queue for you to get to the separate entry point.

1 hour ago, TheBoz said:

I never take mine in one go. If the queue is moving slowly and inching forwards it an absolute nightmare picking up your stuff putting it down and picking it up again seconds later. I go in with my tent and a bag of food/drink. Then go back for the main beer run later. Never had to re-queue. There's separate queues for re-entry and you just hand your pass-out ticket back and walk straight through.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I can't imagine the resulting fatigue in queuing with all my shit in the middle of the night to get in at 9am the following morning. Fair play to those mad enough to brave it.

Yep.

Was planning on sauntering in later on Wednesday, but the more excited I get the more I think I'll leave as early as I can bear.

At what time does the overnight queue clear down to more or a trickle?

5 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I can't imagine the resulting fatigue in queuing with all my shit in the middle of the night to get in at 9am the following morning. Fair play to those mad enough to brave it.

I don't get it. The first thing those people will probably want to do once set up is to have some sleep... at the time I'll be setting up. So it's not really time saved unless you need very little sleep! 

1 minute ago, DTichborne said:

I don't get it. The first thing those people will probably want to do once set up is to have some sleep... at the time I'll be setting up. So it's not really time saved unless you need very little sleep! 

Only perk I can see is getting your choice of camping areas. But that only makes waking up Thursday to a group of strangers right outside your door even more disappointing. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yea there is … just differing options available … I do the 2 trip option … others choose the heavier do it once option … both suit some and not others 

I was aiming to do it in one. Have resigned myself to two.

2 hours ago, TheBoz said:

We've carried everything in one go on the Wednesday and it can hurt like hell.  Now we carry less with just what we need for setting up and Wednesday beer - then do a car trip Thursday morning for the rest.  No more trips after that.