The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Give it a go.

Although I'm a firm believer that drinks are enhanced by environment.

Eg Guinness is much better in Dublin, Brothers far nicer when drunk at Glasto etc, so if you're not fond of Mythos here, then book a flight to Santorini for the full experience! 

I get you - Bintang is one of those. Lovely on a beach in Bali, found it here and it was not as I remembered it!! Same for Chang

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Feel like we need a check in with notorious sun worshiper @FuzzyDunlop...

I am in work. I have been under the air con. 

Just for a laugh I walked over the road on my dinner to tesco, just to see what it was like. Absolutely horrendous outside. I would not recommend.

I was in it for under a minute. No mas.

Hopefully everyone is bearing up

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Just for a laugh I walked over the road on my dinner to tesco, just to see what it was like. Absolutely horrendous outside. I would not recommend.

got one more evening to go...tomorrow looks better.

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Watching Sky News now is fucking horrific - it's like the great fire of London!

It’s bloody grim .. it’s now we start to see the impact of removal of fire services that for a while werent being used because of improved fire safety .. but with no long term looking to the future and the disastrous consequences that will entail 

36 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I’m the same as you, I can’t stand the heat. I have my air cooler on full blast at home. I hope you are holding up ok. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Think we need some of those water bombing planes like they have on the continent rather than more fire service cuts … 

fortunately we're about to get a new Prime Minister who'll win the role based on their desire to increase funding to these vital services, and because of their total commitment to tackling climate change. Right?

4 minutes ago, uscore said:

fortunately we're about to get a new Prime Minister who'll win the role based on their desire to increase funding to these vital services, and because of their total commitment to tackling climate change. Right?

yeah....  its grim ...the only thing they seem to talk about is delays 

Prime example of people not taking climate change seriously:

Filling my trusty Glasto bottle at the water station, cases of bottled water on top, colleague says: it's so hot, just take a bottle (plastic) of water why waste time filling a bottle.

Like dude it's literally this feckin hot due to that type if attitude.

Fires here too 😞 wasn’t expecting this, genuinely hadn’t anticipated just how quickly the heat would dry things out. 

M1 closed due to a fire near us. Bolsover castle came close with a fire nearby. And others popping up all over 😞 

6A10728D-B552-4798-973D-F052403D42B7.jpeg.9e8c76f45e2296193ae6a435770fa747.jpeg

(That is NOT shade! 😞 )

Looks like they’re popping up all over London though 😞 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Our big Tesco has no chilled or frozen food at all! All of the fridges and freezers have given up!!! All reading +18-22c INSIDE!!! 

We literally have no chilled food, would be living off tins and dry food if it weren’t for the fact we can steal from the downstairs kitchen! 

Edited by Alvoram

5 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Prime example of people not taking climate change seriously:

Filling my trusty Glasto bottle at the water station, cases of bottled water on top, colleague says: it's so hot, just take a bottle (plastic) of water why waste time filling a bottle.

Like dude it's literally this feckin hot due to that type if attitude.

our work place have been giving out plastic bottles of water  to colleagues  .... despite having ice cold stations for topping up refillable bottles we were given within the last few years .... ive seen it on a facebook post which replies aren't allowed .... ive been off sick and when I return I will ask them why ? 

3 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Fires here too 😞 wasn’t expecting this, genuinely hadn’t anticipated just how quickly the heat would dry things out. 

M1 closed due to a fire near us. Bolsover castle came close with a fire nearby. And others popping up all over 😞 

6A10728D-B552-4798-973D-F052403D42B7.jpeg.9e8c76f45e2296193ae6a435770fa747.jpeg

(That is NOT shade! 😞 )

Looks like they’re popping up all over London though 😞 

Our big Tesco has no chilled or frozen food at all! All of the fridges and freezers have given up!!! All reading +18-22c INSIDE!!! 

We literally have no chilled food, would be living off tins and dry food if it weren’t for the fact we can steal from the downstairs kitchen! 

ours used to struggle massively and huge amounts of food was thrown away .... such a shit job having to waste that lot .... fortunately ( crosses fingers ) we have a better backup generator these days ..... not unknown to waste 50k worth