The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Walked the dog and took my daughter to the park to go on the swings at 6am this morning. Definitely the right decision. 

Yep we did our dog walk before work and to a part that has a stream they could have a dip in. They won't be getting another walk today and if it's hot in the morning we might just drive them to one of the local parks so they can have a dip again. Neither of them will go in clean water because they are idiots so paddling pools etc just a waste of time for us. 

Currently 34 degrees here in Stockport. 

14 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Can you imagine if it reached this over Glastonbury weekend with the limited shade options?!

I struggled as it was in 2019 when it was about 32 degrees at one point (if I remember correctly)

These temperatures just arnt meant for us Scots! I don’t think I could cope with Glastonbury in this extreme heat unless I took up residence in the woods next to the JP field. I was wondering if there are any festivals on at the moment, anyone know? 

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

A bit unbearable now at shell Island, seems to be getting hotter. Dog has the fans🤣

IMG_20220718_163541.jpg

IMG_20220718_163559.jpg

IMG_20220718_164248.jpg

You know he deserves them. We've resorted to cooling coats for our 2 idiots as they have decided to keep jumping up on the window sill to bark at anything passing resulting in them panting like the big massive bellends they are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

You know he deserves them. We've resorted to cooling coats for our 2 idiots as they have decided to keep jumping up on the window sill to bark at anything passing resulting in them panting like the big massive bellends they are. 

Oh crap🤣 thanks...I'll have to get him a cooling coat as he doesn't seem to have grasped how to use the cooling mat 🤣

IMG_20220718_165021.jpg

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, I wonder if would still go ahead, I guess it probably would but maybe they'd have more shelter and water being sprayed etc

I was wondering this too. In 2019 there were some high-profile cancellations due to high wind. Public Health services (and scientists) are really emphasising atm that heat can be equally dangerous - for slightly different reasons obviously. I think if GF was due to run through a 40c heatwave, cancellation could be a real possibility