The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

Bit far out for the models, but early indications are it will either be cold and wet, or hot and sunny, depending on the position of the high and low pressures. But this will probably change tomorrow if the low pressure is further out, in which case the conditions will be more variable. The chance of it being as wet as 2005 or as hot as 2019 are unlikely but not nil. Best take your wellies and suncream just in case, you can always leave them in the car.

Anyway, we all know the models aren't accurate until a couple of days out, but it is never too early to start obsessing over potential scenarios.

• 2 weeks later...

Same as 2022... stick!

Definitely take the 2022 weather again, but splitting hairs:

• Lose a few of degrees Wednesday, gain a few of degrees Friday onwards (especially overnight) 
  • No rain after 9am, but keep the early rain to damp down the dust
  • A little more sun and less cloud Friday onwards
  • Less wind Saturday/Sunday

One thing I really appreciate, post-Glasto, is how un-bothered I am at the thought of getting caught in the rain. It causes absolutely zero stress, compared to the week before.

Big, heavy raindrops falling down as I was getting back from a walk on my lunch break the other day, and I cared not a bit about it because I knew within minutes I would be inside. I was not concerned that all of my belongings at home may potentially be vulnerable to a dampening.

It helps that it is that lovely summer time rain too at this point, but still, I appreciate it.

11 hours ago, briddj said:

Imagine if Glasto were in two weeks and we'd just seen this chart for the Thursday.  😆 @FuzzyDunlop

We can imagine it anytime though ? We also know that’s not exactly locked in …. On a different note … this year was perfection I’d say … although I didn’t arrive till 5pm wed …. A few might say it was a bit warm before that … but the dust dampening down showers pretty well happened overnight 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

We can imagine it anytime though ? We also know that’s not exactly locked in …. On a different note … this year was perfection I’d say … although I didn’t arrive till 5pm wed …. A few might say it was a bit warm before that … but the dust dampening down showers pretty well happened overnight 

Yes, this year was near perfect apart from the chilly overnights up at worthy view. Anecdotal evidence does show that the force field was working well as there was quite a few storms relatively close by. Ground conditions this year were ideal, walking shoes every day. Wednesday was hot but not as hot as 2019 on the same day. I fully expect similar in 2023, bring it on! 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sam Fender and Lorde were both big beneficiaries of the golden hour.

I knew from my geeky weather radar app the sun was coming out for Fender. My mate was under a tree sheltering from the rain and I was like "COME ON, IT'S GOING TO BE SUNNY" as all you could see in the distance was cloud. He definitely didn't believe me.

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, this year was near perfect apart from the chilly overnights up at worthy view. Anecdotal evidence does show that the force field was working well as there was quite a few storms relatively close by. Ground conditions this year were ideal, walking shoes every day. Wednesday was hot but not as hot as 2019 on the same day. I fully expect similar in 2023, bring it on! 

Worthy View seemed to have its own weather system this year. Two mornings I set off from WV freezing (hoodie, tights) and then it was at least 5c warmer down on the site if not more. Windier up there too.