Where can I get access to a power point?

VickyS

14 minutes ago, VickyS said:

Will be away from my baby whilst at the festival and will need to do some pumping 🍼

You can get hand pumped ones? They work as well.

Or Have you tried a hakka? They’re amazing for passively releasing the pressure (but maybe not so good if you want to maintain supply)

Edited by Twiggy553

5 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

You can get hand pumped ones? They work as well.

Or Have you tried a hakka? They’re amazing for passively releasing the pressure (but maybe not so good if you want to maintain supply)

I’ve got a Haakaa but I need to actively pump to keep my supply up. Can’t use a hand pump, my wrists are fucked ☹️

And me thinking when reading the title of the thread "aaah another one who can't live without phone/laptop/vacuum cleaner/washing machine" 

Just like the previous posters, I'm pretty sure if you come in waving your pump to anyone with half a heart and a power source you'll be sorted. 

27 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I bet if you checked your pump is actually 12v (it will say on the back of the plug) and would run from a USB cable with the right connection

Normal USB only gives you 5V, so you'd need more hardware than just the cable unfortunately (and the current may well be too low to use even after stepping up the voltage). Some (but not all) USB-C chargers also support PD mode up to 20V, but again you'd need the right circuitry to make use of it. 

Edited by MoonBuggy

7 minutes ago, MoonBuggy said:

Normal USB only gives you 5V, so you'd need more hardware than just the cable unfortunately (and the current may well be too low to use even after stepping up the voltage). Some (but not all) USB-C chargers also support PD mode up to 20V, but again you'd need the right circuitry to make use of it. 

I was really surprised how many of our baby things i can run off a USB in my van

21 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I was really surprised how many of our baby things i can run off a USB in my van

Huh, that's really interesting - wouldn't have expected it! Is that with just a normal USB cable? I wonder if they've designed them for multiple input voltages, in that case. 

Echoing @Twiggy553, a lot of our random kiddy electrical stuff now seems to use USB - either a micro-USB socket on the device itself, or a USB-A connector on its cable. I guess it’s cheaper & easier for manufacturers now to use off the shelf USB kit & specify the rest of the design to work with it. 

Possibly also has something to do with the potential EU regulation on power supplies…?

Many of the camping fields have a caravan with steward station nearby, I bet if you were to speak to them they'd let you use their facilities for this.  Would also give you a bit of privacy and quiet while you took care of business.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, VickyS said:

Will be away from my baby whilst at the festival and will need to do some pumping 🍼

I'm in the exact same situation and as someone else has said, the NCT tent in the Kidz Field is a good bet. They have microwaves etc as it's a baby feeding tent so maybe will have an outlet you can use. I'm bringing a wireless pump though but I've spoken to them already and they are more than happy to help us find somewhere to sit in peace and pump!