It’s a sad day.. the famous welsh oggie have retired

surfbunnyuk

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Why would you bring this up??? I’ve enough of a rollercoaster with the weather thread and now you are tempting fate. I need brew 😂

Memory has faded somewhat as their last fest was 2015 but I seem to remember they applied for 2016 but weren't given a slot having been in the Other field for years and years. So 'bullying' as I phrased it is a bit strong but I've a vague recollection of some other drama to do with it but I don't know now. I know there were grumblings when they got moved from Other adjacent to the bank of stalls on the same side the year before. Thinking about it you're going to get drama if you name your stand after a soap character.

To those saying they looked rank... its a chip butty with cheese and bacon as options. I admit they didn't look the best and are beige on beige but they were perfect festi fuel if you needed a carb injection. Far from my fave, mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Memory has faded somewhat as their last fest was 2015 but I seem to remember they applied for 2016 but weren't given a slot having been in the Other field for years and years. So 'bullying' as I phrased it is a bit strong but I've a vague recollection of some other drama to do with it but I don't know now. I know there were grumblings when they got moved from Other adjacent to the bank of stalls on the same side the year before. Thinking about it you're going to get drama if you name your stand after a soap character.

To those saying they looked rank... its a chip butty with cheese and bacon as options. I admit they didn't look the best and are beige on beige but they were perfect festi fuel if you needed a carb injection. Far from my fave, mind.

It was cheap, quick and served a purpose of aiding recovery and providing carbs to keep going. It gets slated but I loved it there I said it.!

• Like 1

Even though I don't have a ticket this year, I'm strangely gutted that there won't be Oggies, both this year and in the future.  It's one of my Glastonbury staples along with the cider bus, Brothers Bar, Baggy Mondays, Wednesday afternoon bimble and yoga in the greenfields.

Hope something else emerges to fill the huge pasty shaped void!

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Pasty mine? Pasty man? Where is/was this?

Definitely 'mine'. Perhaps I'm misremembering...but I recall a pasty place on the drag up to the Pyramid field. Think it was a fiver for a pasty, chips or mash, and peas or beans (no doubt the price would have gone up by now)