The Chemical Brothers Confirmed?

Toto Schillaci

14 hours ago, TiZuff said:

sooo whos making them their headliner for friday night? would anyone miss billie / foals / simz / prima scream / four tet etc etc for a chems dj set on the spider?

wouldn’t miss it for the world 🙂

3 hours ago, benc said:

Since i've been attending, i've seen the Chems each time and their live performances are amazing. I'm surprised there's this much interest in a DJ set tbh

Huge act thats a glasto favourite on a smaller stage than usual (which is probably doing its final year too)

——

chems did their first live show of the year last night, been playing their new tunes again. There’s two of them and they should play them in their DJ set - absolutely mega party starters! (I may be a little biased)

On 6/16/2022 at 7:21 PM, vardyvarvar said:

I’ll always remember Reading in 2008 where they had band called The FFers (eff effers) playing the BBC Introducing stage. Word got round in the build up to the festival it was the Foo Fighters and the FFers Myspace page was riddled with clues, hints and easter eggs.

Queue slot time, at least 10,000 people are gathered around this tiny stage and this random band come out with Foo t-shirts on with a shit eating GOTCHA grin on their faces. Never seen so many bottles thrown in my life.

Rumour has it they are still getting pelted to this day!

Were they actually a real band? Don't remember ever finding much on them otherwise. Always wondered if it was just some silly troll move.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, TiZuff said:

sooo whos making them their headliner for friday night? would anyone miss billie / foals / simz / prima scream / four tet etc etc for a chems dj set on the spider?

Hoping to see Foals and the get to that, need to check the scheduling though. Going to see them at Forwards festival and that will be a live show. Their live shows are the best!

They released this DJ mix a few years ago for those who want to know what to expect, it'll be nothing like their live show, I guess you might be disappointed if that's what you are expecting.

Edit: this features just one of their own tracks and it's a b-side at that.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They mainly play other people's songs when they DJ.

Which is something that’s gonna leave a ton of less aware people disappointed I’m sure; I’m guessing when most people see them on the lineup/have seen the rumour they’ve basically expected one of their Other Stage sets only without the visuals. Maybe they’ll throw a couple more of their own tunes in given its Glastonbury.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Which is something that’s gonna leave a ton of less aware people disappointed I’m sure; I’m guessing when most people see them on the lineup/have seen the rumour they’ve basically expected one of their Other Stage sets only without the visuals. Maybe they’ll throw a couple more of their own tunes in given its Glastonbury.

I think they do drop their own songs too, but it's a DJ set ultimately. If they just played their own songs, it would be a cheap copy of their love sets where they generate most of the sounds on the fly from the gear used to record the albums.

9 hours ago, Tr234 said:

Are their DJ sets much different than their live sets in terms of the tunes they play?

9 hours ago, wozwebs said:

They were amazing in 2019 but a lot of that was down to the awesome visuals on the huge screens. Will it be the same on the spider with its usual flames and lighting that’s used for everyone else? Will still be there

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They played around 4 released tunes and 2 new ones at Printworks last year in a 3hr set and pretty similar at their 1hr Fabric set as well, maybe 1 released track less can't quite remember. I'd expect similar - for a DJ set thats a decent amount really

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Wonder why it is a DJ set, considering they are out and about playing their live show, playing back round my way on the Sunday.

Do you think it was a case of "you've played loads in recent years, time for someone else?"

A new album coming apparently so they'll want to wait until that's out before they do a full Glastonbury live again, it's great promo especially if they get a TV slot. There's maybe also some exclusivity stuff with their existing festival bookings this summer too.

I'd fully expect a live set in '23.

Edited by jannybruck

6 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Wonder why it is a DJ set, considering they are out and about playing their live show, playing back round my way on the Sunday.

Do you think it was a case of "you've played loads in recent years, time for someone else?"

They play Glastonbury basically on a every 4 festival basis these days, so yeah too early for them to return live as they only did it at the last festival. I’d guess they won’t wait until ‘25 as COVID fucked things up, but at least by ‘24 they’ll be back headlining Other. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

They play Glastonbury basically on a every 4 festival basis these days, so yeah too early for them to return live as they only did it at the last festival. I’d guess they won’t wait until ‘25 as COVID fucked things up, but at least by ‘24 they’ll be back headlining Other. 

yeah that's my thinking, whereas they've not done Arcadia so it's something different.

23 minutes ago, PollyPeach said:

Emily eavis's husband is their manager I think, so never surprised to see them on the bill.

So I've been told, nick has given up his non festival music roles.