Reddit rage about trolleys

Glast0baby

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

Put simply - you cannot carry enough alcohol for 5 days in your arms alone unless you are a 2 cans of lager per day weakling. End of discussion.

Another challenge has appeared. 

I’m taking 2 crates of cider without a trolley. Enough to keep me going for the afternoons. 

The Glasto olympics are going to be a thing at this rate. The 1000m Pennards sprint is always a big event. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Put simply - you cannot carry enough alcohol for 5 days in your arms alone unless you are a 2 cans of lager per day weakling. End of discussion.

Exactly this. 

We actually found our trolley abandoned in the car park at Glastonbury 2017, one of the big heavy duty metal ones that set you back about a hundred quid on Amazon. It was missing a wheel and a bit scuffed up but otherwise fine, we just bought a new wheel and spray painted it and it’s done us lovely for every festival we’ve been to since.  My sister even used it for moving house 😂

Edited by JoBalls
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Don’t take a trolley myself, but what really made me chuckle about this was the threat to “Tell your employer”?!?!
Trying to imagine that phone call....l

”Are you aware that your employee xxxxxx takes a trolley to the Glastonbury Festival”?

”Good grief! Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We don’t want those sorts working for us, we will deal with that straight away!”

I would love to take that call. I'd keep them on the phone for ages asking questions.

41 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

No shade at all on trolleys, love a well loaded trolley. I once fixed someone's trolley that had collapsed literally at Gate A as we were going in. We drank 2 lukewarm Strongbow together in celebration and he went on his way. I'm simply volunteering myself for a Glasto Olympics team.

I could definitely carry enough alcohol for 5 days on my person, on the basis of say my 2000 Glastonbury drinking total, not on the basis of my contemporary drinking habits. I don't really drink, which is probably why I could carry all that on my person nowadays... 😂

Edited by irnkrtn
Volunteering
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Firstly if you need a Wheelbarrow to bring your shit in you have brought to much stuff.

happy-excited.gif

Depends. Mates drove in and had a small wheelbarrow for all of our camping stuff between 3 people. Since I wasnt there to set up the tents when I arrived on the weds I just had to push it all back on the Monday. Fair trade off to carrying.

GF has been itching for a trolley this time and we have Worthy View. I said hell no.

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Don’t take a trolley myself, but what really made me chuckle about this was the threat to “Tell your employer”?!?!
Trying to imagine that phone call....l

”Are you aware that your employee xxxxxx takes a trolley to the Glastonbury Festival”?

”Good grief! Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We don’t want those sorts working for us, we will deal with that straight away!”

LOL! This is as funny as the pub that we went to one Friday, started drunkenly singing to Sweet Caroline (as you do) nothing too loud but the barman saw his arse and threatened to phone the police ! We all just laughed at him.

“Hello is that the police, I have a group of drunk people singing sweet Caroline, send back up” !! 🤣😂

4 hours ago, Glast0baby said:

No idea if this is an appropriate post.  Please do remove if not.  Just thought others might be interested to see the rapidly degenerating pinned post on reddit for "Newbie Tips". The mod does not like trolleys and is not afraid to try to force his opinion on others.  Threatening to report people to their employers and all sorts!  It really makes me appreciate this forum! 😁 Thanks guys for being sane and open to contrary opinions!

Nb.  Realised the embedded link doesn't show the comment and is huge.  Soz.  You'll have to follow the link to see the comment section which is the subject of my post.

No idea about the usefulness or otherwise of the content of that Reddit, but bugger me his/her spelling and grammar made me a bit queasy. Sheesh!

Ben

Edit: with acknowledgement to @The Red Telephone!

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Dubs said:

LOL! This is as funny as the pub that we went to one Friday, started drunkenly singing to Sweet Caroline (as you do) nothing too loud but the barman saw his arse and threatened to phone the police ! We all just laughed at him.

“Hello is that the police, I have a group of drunk people singing sweet Caroline, send back up” !! 🤣😂

There's a pub in Ambleside (lake District walking epicentre) where they go absolutely effiing mental if walker's remove Footwear. Thrown out and banned. All a bit meeehh

I haven't read the Reddit thing. However, I have stumbled across a trolley that I have never seen before, so thought I'd just pop it in here (see below). Too late for this year, but it may appeal to some for next year, and who can afford to spend that much on a trolley.

https://www.parrs.co.uk/heavy-duty-steel-dolly-skate-with-puncture-proof-wheels-300kg-p12332/s81788?

6 hours ago, jalien01 said:

I’m staying in Love Fields and I’m still bringing a trolly. 😂 That 100m jaunt from the car to the tent pitch will be a nightmare. 😉

I thought in dry years you could drive to your pitch to unload at love fields?

If the ground is reasonably dry then a trolley is a great help but if it’s thick gloopy  mud, especially that worthy farm mud that gets thicker as it begins to dry out, then they get so easily bogged down. One of the loveliest sights of the festival is the gloriously decorated and illuminated carts that transport kids around the site. And the kids always look so happy( or fast asleep). 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m one of the damn cyclists with a bike trailer to add … nightmare 

Bloody cyclists, think they own the road... Don't pay road tax, and then have the cheek to ride 2 abreast... I don't care if that's a legal manoeuvre recommended for when it's too narrow to pass or too dangerous in general... It's inconsiderate... 

😉 

5 hours ago, Mrs Dubs said:

Could be worse!

Edited by FLB