Reddit rage about trolleys

Glast0baby

No idea if this is an appropriate post.  Please do remove if not.  Just thought others might be interested to see the rapidly degenerating pinned post on reddit for "Newbie Tips". The mod does not like trolleys and is not afraid to try to force his opinion on others.  Threatening to report people to their employers and all sorts!  It really makes me appreciate this forum! 😁 Thanks guys for being sane and open to contrary opinions!

Nb.  Realised the embedded link doesn't show the comment and is huge.  Soz.  You'll have to follow the link to see the comment section which is the subject of my post.

Edited by Glast0baby
To add the NB

1 minute ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Reddit is just full of middle-wits arguing with half-wits. 

There's a bunch of posts that are just 'i've heard a rumor green day are healining????'

Or 'how likely are arctic monkeys' despite the fact they're not even touring.

could say the same about everyone in the Weather Thread 🤣

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yup. People dont give a shit though. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/packing-list/

As a general rule, we would ask you to only bring as much as you can carry yourself.

Oh I know they don't

To be honest, neither do I 🤷‍♂️ I'd take a trolley if I was walking far. 

Doesn't affect me what anybody else does. I hope that they're responsible with any potential waste and ensure it gets to the recycling. Other than that I can't see why it bothers anyone. 

I was just playing devil's advocate, and having read the comments and seen what a c**t of the highest order he is, I wish I hadn't bothered. 

15 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Reddit is just full of middle-wits arguing with half-wits. 

There's a bunch of posts that are just 'i've heard a rumor green day are healining????'

Or 'how likely are arctic monkeys' despite the fact they're not even touring.

Wait til you read glasto chat!

p.s - you're not Alex DeLarge off of 2600 are you?!

36 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yup. People dont give a shit though. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/packing-list/

As a general rule, we would ask you to only bring as much as you can carry yourself.

To be fair we use a garden trolley and it means we have everything we need for two people in one trip, while carrying nothing on our backs

Doubles up as a handy seat outside the tent as well. Makes the Wednesday morning queues a breeze. 

Don’t take a trolley myself, but what really made me chuckle about this was the threat to “Tell your employer”?!?!
Trying to imagine that phone call....l

”Are you aware that your employee xxxxxx takes a trolley to the Glastonbury Festival”?

”Good grief! Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We don’t want those sorts working for us, we will deal with that straight away!”

• Upvote 1

In my experience, the biggest problem is there are a lot of people that use trolleys that are clearly not fit for purpose so almost immediately break.  If you've got one that will last the distance, have at it I say. 

Just don't expect a cheap folding aluminium trolley with tiny wheels off Amazon loaded with 5 crates of beer to last more than half a trip in.