The wait is nearly over … it’s nearly time to party

Crazyfool01

How has it been 3 years and I’m not ready. Have to work tomorrow, busy on Saturday, Father’s Day Sunday and I’m leaving early Monday morning 😬😬😂

Anyway, it’ll all work out in the end. 

Wishing you all a super festival and hope to meet some of you at both the crew meet and Wednesday meet! 

One love x 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

I need this festival more than ever this year, work is not good right now. Don't think I've ever been so excited for anything before, 5 years away from the farm is far too long

Lets make it the best one ever

Second this. Started what was supposed to be an ideal new job in January after getting made redundant during lockdown and going from job to job to make up wages. Unfortunately it didn't work out the way I thought and the last 3 weeks I've been out of work for the first time in 15 years. I'm fortunate enough to have family around me who understand and are helping, but fuck me I could do without the stress of it all for a few days. 

Me and my fiance have been together 6 years but this will be only our second Glastonbury together as she had to give up her ticket in 2019 because of work (ironically in the music business). Loads of my friends will be there too... My 10th Glastonbury has come at the right time and I can't bloody wait!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, we are the same since that Sunday in October 19 when we got the tickets. Spent a lot of the lockdown watching the sky planner where I’ve recorded almost every bit of bbc coverage since2014.  The car is packed and we are on the road tomorrow, heading for Glastonbury for a few days holiday, gazing at the site from the Tor then heading off to the farm. Super excited sums it up! 

Sounds really amazing. I'd like to visit Glastonbury town at some point, and the Tor.

Can't believe its going to be 5 years since i stepped foot on the site. I actually vividly remember Ed's set finishing on the sunday night and on the big screens it said 'Thank for you for making this years festival the best one ever, see you in 2019'! And i thought that 2019 was a long way off. I also thought about what would change between then and the next time i was there. Turns out a lot. A LOT! Both in the world and in my personal life. I think it's going to be a bit emotional for me, that. I have always used Glasto as a bit of a yard stick to reflect on my life and this year will be a big one in that regard.

Keep getting little spurts of sick enducing over-excitement!  

Can't quite believe it's actually happening after only getting tickets in resale & missing out in 19 - it will have been 5 long ass years since I was last there.

Feel totally under-prepared but know that it will all unfold how it's meant to unfold🥳

Two more work days left and I'll be as much as use as a chocolate teapot. My excitement levels are through the roof, got a weekend of final shopping, route planning and packing to do. I've given up trying to sort my clash finder out I'm going to see Phoebe Bridgers and Sugababes on Friday and I'll just wing the rest of it.

I'm really glad this forum has returned to its best in the past couple of weeks, it's been an absolute joy on here with so many excited people that share the same enthusiasm as me.

Dropped everything for the festival which isn't clothing related to my friend's house last night. Suddenly all feels real.

He's packing his caravan today and taking it on to site tomorrow.

The spare bedroom is suddenly looking sparse.

Excitement is seriously growing now, I still can't believe we managed to get tickets in the resale again. Very little work getting done at present, constantly coming back to the forum.  Finish work on Tuesday, takeaway for tea then an early night in preparation for our 04:30 coach.  0% packing done as it stands but the plan is to box that off on Sunday.  Can't wait to walk through the gates on Wednesday, get set up and have mooch (in the sun hopefully!).  Hope everyone has an amazing festival.

Stupidly excited. All plans to not build it up too much have gone out of the window.  Clashfinder has been more meticulously planned than ever before, got multiple options at pretty much every stage of the weekend.

My approach to music and new music, listening to anything and everything, has massively paid off this year. Described it in my WhatsApp group as like stepping into an exam and finding that every single question is on a topic that you've revised.

Absolutely buzzing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Stupidly excited. All plans to not build it up too much have gone out of the window.  Clashfinder has been more meticulously planned than ever before, got multiple options at pretty much every stage of the weekend.

My approach to music and new music, listening to anything and everything, has massively paid off this year. Described it in my WhatsApp group as like stepping into an exam and finding that every single question is on a topic that you've revised.

Absolutely buzzing. 

Yep at the stage where some artists cancelling would actually help me out because I have too many options. The great thing is not really got must sees just hundreds of love to see, would like to sees. I genuinely thought we'd have time travel sorted by now. Would really help me out if we did. 

Very excited but slightly stressed as well. Recently realized that having missed on 2019, it wasn't 4 but 5 years since the last Glastonbury and three years since a festival. That's AGES! I still feel like I can go from the pyramid to Block 9 without looking at a map but wondering if that's anything more than wishful thinking, if the food is as good as in my memory, if my body can handle it etc...

I've done lots of prep though, music or logistics, out of excitement but as well out of this slight apprehension. 

I bought my tickets in the first week of uni, finished a few weeks ago and actually get my results on the Wednesday of Glasto. Its been a rollercoaster to get here but we've all finally made it! See everyone at 7pm on Wednesday (hopefully with a 1st in the bag!)

It has been a rollercoaster for sure since Oct 2019…..

I got a Glastonbury 2020 ticket in Oct 2019, I had a job interview  at the following day which I got and I’ve now been at that job for over 2 ½ years but still not used the Glastonbury ticket I got!

I think specifically for this forum, once covid kicked right off I struggled with it massively….for someone that goes to 30 football matches a season, 2-3 festivals per summer plus a couple of holidays the idea of lockdown was bad, the reality nearly finished me off.

The bleak days when I was furloughed over that winter 2020-21…wake up depressed….banging headaches…..some days I couldn’t get out of bed my mental state was so bad ……when I did all I was doing was lying over the dining table with my head in my hands with pounding headaches and my girlfriend  begging me to ring a GP with me repeating ‘I can’t take much more of this’ in floods of tears…with me also abusing more and more levels of class-a narcotics and alcohol to get through it and hiding on my own doing them……..my one bit of solitude was to come on here and talk to others in the same boat or just talk about music etc.

Lost my Dad to cancer in 2018 so I was only just about back to 'normal' when COVID happened so its been all over the place for me for about 3 years now.

Thanks to all those who were around at the time ( @crazyfool1 @Zoo Music Girl hugh ass @Yoghurt on a Stick and other people I spoke to at the time) and whilst I may still be on a small bit of prescribed medication I am no longer in that dark place and fully back at work in the office and back going to football, seeing my friends again and tonight playing with the dog we got last summer in the garden.

It’s been a long road, but we’ve got there, ready for my 14th Glastonbury and got my two oldest mates tickets in the resale so really looking forward to it now.

Can almost taste that warm cider, I’m not one for forum meet ups but all of you have a good time…….see you on the otherside.

🙂 

Edited by gooner1990
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

It has been a rollercoaster for sure since Oct 2019…..

I got a Glastonbury 2020 ticket in Oct 2019, I had a job interview  at the following day which I got and I’ve now been at that job for over 2 ½ years but still not used the Glastonbury ticket I got!

I think specifically for this forum, once covid kicked right off I struggled with it massively….for someone that goes to 30 football matches a season, 2-3 festivals per summer plus a couple of holidays the idea of lockdown was bad, the reality nearly finished me off.

The bleak days when I was furloughed over that winter 2020-21…wake up depressed….banging headaches…..some days I couldn’t get out of bed my mental state was so bad ……when I did all I was doing was lying over the dining table with my head in my hands with pounding headaches and my girlfriend  begging me to ring a GP with me repeating ‘I can’t take much more of this’ in floods of tears…with me also abusing more and more levels of class-a narcotics and alcohol to get through it and hiding on my own doing them……..my one bit of solitude was to come on here and talk to others in the same boat or just talk about music etc.

Lost my Dad to cancer in 2018 so I was only just about back to 'normal' when COVID happened so its been all over the place for me for about 3 years now.

Thanks to all those who were around at the time ( @crazyfool1 @Zoo Music Girl hugh ass @Yoghurt on a Stick and other people I spoke to at the time) and whilst I may still be on a small bit of prescribed medication I am no longer in that dark place and fully back at work in the office and back going to football, seeing my friends again and tonight playing with the dog we got last summer in the garden.

It’s been a long road, but we’ve got there, ready for my 14th Glastonbury and got my two oldest mates tickets in the resale so really looking forward to it now.

Can almost taste that warm cider, I’m not one for forum meet ups but all of you have a good time…….see you on the otherside.

🙂 

Hello gooner1990,

Well, I'm happy to hear that you were helped on here through that lot going on. I must confess that I wasn't aware of how bad it was for you back then and up to now. I guess that's because I (and probably everybody else) was going through hard times. My own father died just before Xmas in 2020. Unfortunately I never really got to be at peace with him before he died. Mind you, that was as much to do with his attitude than it was mine. We had a funeral but only 30 people could attend. He was denied the huge send off that would have been the case had covid not been around. The priest was very fair to us (maybe not to others) as he declared to the family that his arithmetic wasn't exactly up to scratch. He meant that we could bring more than 30 people, but not to take the piss. we didn't - we kept it to 30.

And while all this was going on my mother was slipping further and further into the claws of dementia. I couldn't see my mom after the funeral for at least 6 months because of the covid rules and my brothers (I have 4 of them) had to decide among them who was to be in her bubble. I was ruled out as I don't live in Birmingham anymore, but they all do, as does my mother.

After that period of separation I was allowed (by the itself law breaking Government) to see my mom again. This resulted in me being away from my wife and looking after my mom for 3 nights / 4 days of every week. A stretch which lasted over 18 months. I cannot begin to describe how brutal being away from my wife was for me and my wife. there are no words to properly describe that agony. And all the while I had to watch my mom decline further and further. Eventually the family couldn't look after my mom and she has fairly recently gone into a care home. That in itself is soul destroying. I would have had her to stay at my house but it couldn't be done because of her fragility and the design and layout, stairs within my house.

On top of the above, me and my wife were hit with wave after wave of bad luck. It was relentless. i have honestly never known a run of bad luck like it. As our business was crippled by covid and we'd spent everything we'd got, it actually ended up in me going to the food bank for a while every week. It was either that or starve. We are fortunate to own our own house, but you can't eat bricks and mortar. 

Oh, one more thing (there's masses of 'things' but I'll spare you the details of them all) it was during this period that I was unable to go to a dentist. I have a receding gum line which means that I needed to have extractions every now and again. Each extraction was costing us £80, and one emergency one on a Saturday morning cost me £120. Then there came a moment when I had a choice - me and my wife could eat for 2 or three weeks, or I could go to the dentist to have a much needed extraction. There was nothing for it - I had to extract the not loose at all tooth that was hurting me with a pair of pliers. I did it, and I have done it another 7 times since. The first self extraction was a bit 'funky' as I didn't actually know if I was going to rip a section of my own jaw off. Fortunately it all went as well as these things can go. Then there was the second but last tooth self extraction. That was a molar right at the back of my mouth. It was 10.30pm and I was at my mom's house. She was inside the lounge watching the television - she doesn't really know what's going on and watches programs and when they end still thinks she's watching the same program from a few hours beforehand. Consequently she gets everything / the world all mixed up. Anyway, I was in her kitchen and couldn't get to the garage to get the pliers as she wouldn't have understood where I had gone had she stood up and looked for me had I done so. So, I looked in the kitchen drawers and there was a kind of vice like gripping tool that my dad must have left there. I did eventually manage to get that back tooth out, but there were several times when the 'tool' slipped which resulted in me rolling around the kitchen floor in intense pain (that's putting it mildly!).

Anyway, I did eventually get to this point right here where I am writing this. I can confirm that I now only have 2 teeth left in my head. It was OK going outside with no teeth when we all had to wear masks, but now we don't I can't shelter myself. I get looks from people and know what they are thinking, or at least think that I do. However, I am now, finally, kind of OK. well, I'm not really, but I just happen to have something joyous happening this weekend - we are playing hosts to a number of people that we haven't seen in years because of covid. I am like a cat on a hot tin roof with eager anticipation. the first of our guests arrives tonight and others follow tomorrow. They have also booked the Monday off work, so its going to be a nice very indulgent long weekend. I had already bought a shed load of gear for the bash, but then my neighbour last night got me what I thought was MDMA,. but turns out to be something I hadn't heard of called MDA. anyway, me and my wife test ran it last night and neither of us has still been to bed. I can confirm that it is ace stuff.

@ Gooner1990 - I know that you were doing too many chemicals for you. It is good to hear that the actual proper medication that you are taking is working. Vis-à-vis the party pharmaceuticals it really is wise to keep them recreational. This is not advice that I can adhere to myself, as I have taken at least one class A every single day for getting on 12 years now. there has been a few exceptions when me and my wife went on holidays, but even those only add up to about 5 weeks in total. Now that might destroy some people, and possibly has done me, in ways that I don't know and do know. Given my 'expertise' in this area, I would advice everybody not to do as I have done. keep them recreational if you can, and make sure you 'earn' the right to have them - if taking them is your bag.

Anyway, I can see that i have now written War & Peace II, so had better stop there. Only just to say that I think we could all write our covid stories and tales of woe. However, it does indeed look like we are coming out of that very bleak and long period. I suspect that (as Michael Eavis would / will say) Glastonbury this year will be the best ever. And this year it may well be. It's time for people to celebrate their freedoms, the arts, their own lives, and each other. I wish everybody going to the festival off here (and not off here) a truly remarkable one. Please have a ball. You lucky, lucky people.

PS - efestivals saves lives - FACT!  

• Upvote 2

I haven't been to Glastonbury since 2017 as missed out on 2019 tickets. Its been a long slog - 5 years older and somewhat apprehensive about how i'll cope with the walking (and the drinking) now but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

We're all 5 days away from being back on site - my excitement is at peak levels. I just can't wait to get back there. I'm excited about the music and acts. I'm excited about a bit of much needed life dialysis. Most of all, I'm really excited to be back in that bubble of kindness, community and fun. Given the state of the world, it will do us all so much good! 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

then my neighbour last night got me what I thought was MDMA,. but turns out to be something I hadn't heard of called MDA. anyway, me and my wife test ran it last night and neither of us has still been to bed. I can confirm that it is ace stuff.

Be a bit careful with it. It takes a bit longer to kick in and has a lower LD50 so people have come a cropper by assuming it was weak and taking too much… then it finally kicks in and wham!

• Upvote 1

Rollercoaster for me too. Covid, being a nurse, living 80 miles from my family and my mum being extremely clinically vulnerable all hit hard.  Add to that a house sale and feeling a bit shafted by an ex husband who took half the profits of the sale yet had paid nothing in the 8 years since he left (whatever, he obviously needed the few grand more than me and I wasnt getting in to a long and drawn out battle). Needless to say... the festival couldn't come soon enough 🙂 My OH got a ticket in the resale, we hired a camper and were ridiculously giddy. That all changed just over 6 weeks ago when my beautiful mum very rapidly went in to septic shock due to biliary sepsis and died 8 days later on ICU after putting up the fight of her life 💔 I'm an only child, she was my best friend as well as my mum, and I'm beyond devastated.  I think I'm also still a bit in shock and it's been very hit and miss as to whether I would actually still go. My dad is devastated at the thought of me not going and my mum would defintely be encouraging me if she was still here. It will certainly be a different festival for me and its only today that has been the first time I have been able to smile at the thought of going - it's more about seeing and being with my son and my friends though than seeing bands 

I keep seeing threads about clashfinders, secret sets and 'what have you done today to get ready?'. I couldn't tell you whose playing when, whose rumoured and I've done absolutely nothing so far

I've sat today though and read the weather and state of the ground threads with a smile 🥰

Edited by Digi

I cannot go for reasons posted elsewhere, BUT... I am so happy to see all the progress on the farm. Whenever I have worked there, most people have done so for the benefit of the festival as opposed to financial gains Without Glastonbury, the festival landscape in the UK woul be very different. Glastonbury IS  the greatest cultural festival on the planet. When it triumphs as does all live events.

Love to you all. Let's fucking have it.