The wait is nearly over … it’s nearly time to party

Crazyfool01

The wait is nearly over … the build nears completion … the site awaits us with its gorgeous sunsets and amazing crew onsite adding those little touches that give Glastonbury a special place in our hearts ♥️ 

Its been a challenging few years but now the time has come to release some of those stresses and to come together once more in the place that unites us all . 
many thanks to all that have helped us though it … those people who have answered those questions for the umpteenth time , the invaluable help on the covid thread , the ground reports , the playlists , the contributions to the weather report , the webcam obsessives , the resale teams , the people who aren’t around anymore , neil , the workers and my newly made friends on here . 

Thanks everyone we’ve made it and have a cracking last week build up and most of all an incredible festival . See you all on the farm … look out for each other x CF 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 30

I still keep reminding myself that this is it... It's actually happening!

We were calculating on the other place and I've spent over 7% of my life, with tickets, waiting for my first glasto... 7%!!! And I'm 38!

Have the best time everyone, and thanks, this place has pushed my hype levels through the window and into obsession territory... Bring it on. 

Agree with everything. I'm trying to contain my excitement. As we know, nothing is certain and 6 days is a long time! Until i'm on that site, that's when i'll celebrate. And because of that, because no one knows when the next one will be or the next time any one of us will be on site, if ever, i'm going to make the most of every second and soak it all up.

I’m still recovering from my two weeks at Primavera so slightly struggling to muster up the usual excitement I’d have by now, but I’m sure it’ll kick in once I’m doing my packing at the weekend with a Glastonbury playlist on, or if not that… the coach ride there/queue in is guaranteed to do it. 

Can’t believe it’s finally here (and that I actually managed to get a ticket to go. Yeeee).

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The wait is nearly over … the build nears completion … the site awaits us with its gorgeous sunsets and amazing crew onsite adding those little touches that give Glastonbury a special place in our hearts ♥️ 

Its been a challenging few years but now the time has come to release some of those stresses and to come together once more in the place that unites us all . 
many thanks to all that have helped us though it … those people who have answered those questions for the umpteenth time , the invaluable help on the covid thread , the ground reports , the playlists , the contributions to the weather report , the webcam obsessives , the people who aren’t around anymore , neil , the workers and my newly made friends on here . 

Thanks everyone we’ve made it and have a cracking last week build up and most of all an incredible festival . See you all on the farm … look out for each other x CF 

Hear Hear! Just think back to the dark days of lock down. Spending  a wee while on here every day definitely cheered me up, the lovely comments on the photos I took whilst hiking in the hills and the general reminiscing on Glastonburys  past. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hear Hear! Just think back to the dark days of lock down. Spending  a wee while on here every day definitely cheered me up, the lovely comments on the photos I took whilst hiking in the hills and the general reminiscing on Glastonburys  past. 

Yeah we even had cat photos on here cheering us up back then it’s been one hell of a ride … few things to overcome yet for the internationals and train travellers particularly but it won’t be much delay considering the massive wait we’ve all had 

7 hours ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Agree with everything. I'm trying to contain my excitement. As we know, nothing is certain and 6 days is a long time! Until i'm on that site, that's when i'll celebrate. And because of that, because no one knows when the next one will be or the next time any one of us will be on site, if ever, i'm going to make the most of every second and soak it all up.

When does that excitement start for you ? 

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Given i am not there this year, some equally good photos from on site would be very welcome..

Enjoy it everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

When does that excitement start for you ? 

Well, being perfectly honest, I’ve been excited for about 2 years and 7 months and it’s all I think about every day. So I’m lying to myself really, I’m super excited. A close mate has literally just pulled out which has put a downer on me a little bit but aside from that I can’t fucking wait

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Well, being perfectly honest, I’ve been excited for about 2 years and 7 months and it’s all I think about every day. So I’m lying to myself really, I’m super excited. A close mate has literally just pulled out which has put a downer on me a little bit but aside from that I can’t fucking wait

Yes, we are the same since that Sunday in October 19 when we got the tickets. Spent a lot of the lockdown watching the sky planner where I’ve recorded almost every bit of bbc coverage since2014.  The car is packed and we are on the road tomorrow, heading for Glastonbury for a few days holiday, gazing at the site from the Tor then heading off to the farm. Super excited sums it up! 

• Like 1

Have a fantastic one everyone and hope it heals you all and feeds your soul. As some of youl know its not me this year but 3 festivals lined up for 3 weeks in a row August/Sept so my time will come. Until then i will vicariously through all your wonderful times.

Up until 6 this evening I was struggling to find my mojo even though I’ve missed the festival weekend the last two years. I’ve just com back from a site visit with friends and now I’m hyped the bags out for packing the tents out the shed. It’s looking busy but beautiful bloody beautiful 

The pictures from site this week have really kicked up the excitement. I didn’t manage to go in 2019, and failed in the main 2020 sale so I had resigned myself to not going. But I have a resale ticket, and a whole bunch of friends are going, and the magical fields are waiting. Definitely going to do a little cry on the Wednesday 🥲

For me, the 'big' excitement started last week and it's starting to hit fever-pitch. 

My first time on the farm was 2019 and I'm an "oldie". Who accidentally got tickets in the resale. 

I've done other festivals, and 2019 was too warm, but the 'vibe' is sooo good, I now cannot wait. 

So in the spirit of the thread, I wish you all an amazing time. And for any first timers - it will blow your mind. 

I'll try and make the meet up. This forum is such a good place and I'd like to put names to 'real life' faces. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, evilduck said:

The pictures from site this week have really kicked up the excitement. I didn’t manage to go in 2019, and failed in the main 2020 sale so I had resigned myself to not going. But I have a resale ticket, and a whole bunch of friends are going, and the magical fields are waiting. Definitely going to do a little cry on the Wednesday 🥲

Thats my scenario too. Even got a booking screen in October 2019, but a “friend” had given his reg out to another group and it fucked our booking up. We got them in the end, and I reckon I’ll be crying a fair amount the entire time 🤣