How much do you spend?

Bigfishlittlefish

Factor £8 pp Breakfast - £10-15 for lunch and dinner pp.

Then it's if you buy cocktails, beers, soft drinks. Work out what the two of you would go through in a day.

As others have said - £100 can do an entire festival if you bring a bag of muesli, little stove for coffees, some cheap lunch and a few crates of ale and a few premixed bottles of medical tent juice.

I prefer to go middle ground - enjoy a few cold ones from the bar but fill a bag with my own cans for the day, cater my breakfast but eat out and not have to return to the tent. £200 in previous years ... likely more now. 

Edited by cheesey_toastie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I have no idea how you guys spend so little. I bring loads of my own tins etc and me and the missus will still do £100 a day each most days, sometimes less sometimes more. 

Fair play - I can certainly imagine hitting that myself if merch or other cool bits and pieces from the stalls caught my eye, but it usually doesn't. Same goes for cocktails at the bars vs pints, come to think of it, or even just not bringing spirits with us! 

Breakdown for me looks something like this: we'll always bring a couple of bottles of spirits per person (which to be fair I didn't include in the spend), so that's maybe five double measures per day in the bag if we want them, plus cans for Weds. We'd bring the spirits regardless of bar prices just to have something convenient at the campsite.

For on-site spending let's say £65/day for £325 total - two big meals plus a smaller breakfast or snack will be £25 or so, leaving £40 for about eight pints at the bar. 

48 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Relatedly does anyone expect most vendors to take contactless this year? In 2019 I used exclusively cash so never really got a feel for what % of the festival accepts card.

It was already like 95+% acceptance in 2019, with the only exceptions being tiny stalls, generally in the greenfields.

Be shocked if it's less than 99% this time.

Probably a similar amount each day to what's been said - around £70 but more will actually come off the card as the two of us split the bills (mainly as I drink pints and the other half drinks halves!) but I end up going to the bar more. I do like a cold pint once the cans have warmed up so happy to spend more to get that. 

Me taking spirits would be a great way to save money though as I'd just be such a mess the next day I wouldn't drink!

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Don’t advertise on the internet that you’re carrying large amounts of cash. 

Use the lock ups and only have the minimum physical cash on you.

Better to use card that has an instant freeze feature to stop transactions like Monzo or Revolut for daily spends. Leave your main bank card secure as well. 

Its fine!! I don't even use my real name here. All good. I plan to use lock ups as I have done in the past and am coming from abroad so this is easier but thankyou for your concern!!

I usually bring 300 and have a bit left, but last year as it was hot I spent a load of coin on frozen margaritas 😅

I usually do about 25 a day for food and 25 a day for drink, works out to 250 plus a sweater and I'm usually hitting 300. 

I bring a bottle of vodka or tequila on top of that also, but I'm not a massive drinker at the festival. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

It was already like 95+% acceptance in 2019, with the only exceptions being tiny stalls, generally in the greenfields.

Be shocked if it's less than 99% this time.

Certain vendors in the stone circle don't take card AFAIK 😂

Expect food prices to be a bit higher than we were used to, at Bearded Theory most meals were £10-12 cheapest option a tray of chips for £4, the cash/card situation is getting polarised, some stalls/bars were card only, wouldn't take cash but there were also cash only places, so if you want a full choice you need both.

£100 a day, maybe more if I'm buying rounds, but I'm luckily enough to be in a position to do that amount this year. Plus I like buying mates drinks - standard for my once a year Glasto crew.

Like Rakim said, 'spending cash, to make a good time last'.

Edited by NickM45

7 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Expect food prices to be a bit higher than we were used to, at Bearded Theory most meals were £10-12 cheapest option a tray of chips for £4, the cash/card situation is getting polarised, some stalls/bars were card only, wouldn't take cash but there were also cash only places, so if you want a full choice you need both.

This.

Inflation says I should look at 200 to 250.

Edited by Pinhead

£50-£100 per day max, some days much less, I spend more on the Wed/Thurs as there's more time at bars on those days.  It's mostly food/soft drinks/coffee for me once the music starts.  I buy a T-shirt every year.  Probably about £250-300 over the course of the festival expected this year.

I take my own drink, but am a lightweight so a few cans and a litre of spirits does me.

Like seems to be the general consensus, £250 for the weekend/£50 per day is usually my budget - at least one meal bought (£10-15), possibly a second if I’m in the mood for a nice breakfast early on, and then the rest goes to the bars for the odd cold pint along the way.