How much do you spend?

Bigfishlittlefish

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i typically take a few nice cans and will spend £50 on them, then have a drink as and when i fancy one, and eat whatever i like whenever i like it - four meals a day isnt unknown - and i typically take about £400 with me, and return with a good £150 of that. its a holiday, so i dont want to scrimp, and i dont - but i still dont really spend that much money somehow

13 minutes ago, Bigfishlittlefish said:

First time and don't want to hold back. Budgeting for me and my fiancee. Will take spirits but would like to enjoy bars too. How much do you spend if you go no holes barred?

no holes barred eh?

If you plan on a good amount of bar drinking.. £6+ a pop for a pint.. plus all food and stuff.. maybe £300

10 minutes ago, Movmctov said:

I'm bring XXX in cash at it is my birthday while over there and everyone giving me cash for glasto. good timing!! 

I'm sure that will be enough!! with inflation though prob get me to the second day!! joke!

Don’t advertise on the internet that you’re carrying large amounts of cash. 

Use the lock ups and only have the minimum physical cash on you.

Better to use card that has an instant freeze feature to stop transactions like Monzo or Revolut for daily spends. Leave your main bank card secure as well. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

6 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Relatedly does anyone expect most vendors to take contactless this year? In 2019 I used exclusively cash so never really got a feel for what % of the festival accepts card.

I was wondering about this too.   I just used cash up to now.  Don't want to bring heaps of cash if it's not needed but don't want to be left having to draw it out either.   

2 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

I was wondering about this too.   I just used cash up to now.  Don't want to bring heaps of cash if it's not needed but don't want to be left having to draw it out either.   

I’m going to try £100 in cash and the rest on card. I can always withdraw more if I need to. 

Similar to others, it's usually £300-350 but with 10% inflation I wouldn't be surprised if this year's pushing £400. That's definitely prioritising comfort though - travelling light, cold cans gone by Wednesday, no holding back at the bars and food the rest of the weekend. 

Did it on a fraction of that back in the day, with trolley loads of cheap cans, own-brand vodka and instant noodles to compensate, but it sounds like that's not the experience you're looking for! 

1 minute ago, MoonBuggy said:

Similar to others, it's usually £300-350 but with 10% inflation I wouldn't be surprised if this year's pushing £400. That's definitely prioritising comfort though - travelling light, cold cans gone by Wednesday, no holding back at the bars and food the rest of the weekend. 

Did it on a fraction of that back in the day, with trolley loads of cheap cans, own-brand vodka and instant noodles to compensate, but it sounds like that's not the experience you're looking for! 

I have no idea how you guys spend so little. I bring loads of my own tins etc and me and the missus will still do £100 a day each most days, sometimes less sometimes more. 

I was hoping to pay for everything on card, but had a few issues with vendors card machines playing up at a few events recently (much smaller than Glastonbury) so taking £100 in cash for those situations, card for the rest - usually spend £300 to £400 over the weekend.