What set will be the most empty?

FloorFiller

14 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Can definitely see Roisin and Jessie struggling to attract crowds to their disco dance-a-longs 

All the people who took too much MDMA too quickly will be at one of their sets, they will do fine.

Burna Boy will be one of the biggest crowds of that stage - he is a Pyramid-level act to be honest.

Edited by Isaact

6 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I think Doja would get a big crowd against Macca but Meg doesn't have the massive string of hits.

The fact Burna Boy isn't popular on these forums is mainly a demographic thing. He's massive and is featured on one of the most popular British songs of the past decade.

Hmm while Doja has the bigger hits Megan ain’t shy of obvious crowd pleasers.  She has Savage, which I would say is a much stronger record than some of Doja’s biggest hits.

I agree though that Megan would have been better on the pyramid. I would have swapped her and AJ Tracey personally. 

Edited by Matt42

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even small Pyramid headline crowds are still quite big. I don't see why it would be any worse than Metallica or Arcade Fire.

I loved the size of the crowd for both those sets, felt full enough to have a great atmosphere but wasn't stupidly busy, watched them both near the back of the field and had a great time 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I hope this doesn't happen to Easy Life. It's an amazing thing for them to be on Pyramid no matter what time and I hope they're given the most attention possible

They’re my must see of the weekend! Missing self esteem for them which is devastating 

When Macca played in 2004 and I wasn't as worldly wise as I am now I saw basement jaxx on the other stage.  It was busy with people like me,  off their faces wanting to dance to upbeat music. Megan will have a good crowd. 

My I'm intrigued by how big the Billie and kendrick crowds are. They are must sees for me. Hopefully means I can get closer. 

I wandered into the John Peel tent just before Ash were due on stage in 2010 and it was dead and I turned to my wife and we realised that missing stevie wonder was going to be a massive mistake so pegged it over to a packed pyramid stage and caught his set,  was one of the best decisions ever. 

4 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

I love her and have seen her live before, but the Phoebe clash kills seeing her, and I think will do for a lot of others too.

Yeah that's what I thought I think a lot of crossover with those fans 

18 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Played against Weller in 2015 with a similar genre/age overlap and a pretty big clash and he packed the Other Stage out. Much tougher competition this time but much smaller stage. He'll be fine. Think Charli XCX might find it tougher against Kendrick/PSB/Bicep.

I'm still frustrated that in 2015 two of the acts I was looking most forward to were Jamie T and the Who. Then on the day the Who were playing they had announcements saying the Who were starting earlier than originally billed, which meant I had to leave Jamie T a few songs in. Only for the Who to start at the original scheduled time! I spent ages standing about conscious I could have being seeing Jamie T.

Still have never managed to see him. Think he's only played near me once since then and it sold out instantly. Missed out on Glasto tickets this year, but if I was going I'd definitely be choosing Jamie T over Macca who I've seen before anyhow.

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

When Macca played in 2004 and I wasn't as worldly wise as I am now I saw basement jaxx on the other stage.  It was busy with people like me,  off their faces wanting to dance to upbeat music. Megan will have a good crowd. 

My I'm intrigued by how big the Billie and kendrick crowds are. They are must sees for me. Hopefully means I can get closer. 

I wandered into the John Peel tent just before Ash were due on stage in 2010 and it was dead and I turned to my wife and we realised that missing stevie wonder was going to be a massive mistake so pegged it over to a packed pyramid stage and caught his set,  was one of the best decisions ever. 

I did exactly the same in 2004 with Macca, as a young un, the first hour was too flat, so bolted round for Basement Jaxx.

18 years on, not much is gonna change I reckon, first hour, then shoot off to Jamie T in the John Peel.

Me heart is telling me to swerve Diana Ross and go for Fontaines, because the crowd will be sparse, but absolutely buzzing! Tough one though, as all of my gang will be at Ross having  massive party.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:27 PM, GeezLouise said:

They’re my must see of the weekend! Missing self esteem for them which is devastating 

They have a second gig that day in Greenpeace you might be able to make instead 🙂 think i'm doing both!