What set will be the most empty?

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Personally think Fontaines will do well.

hard call to say I think Robert Plant might struggle but hes on at the tail end of TLC, overlaps Sigurd, Arlo Parks and Idles. I know he is a legend but not sure many people will be that bothered by the newer stuff with Alison Krauss

I think Plants bigger problem is if he doesn’t play any zep songs with Krauss. Might have a slightly confused crowd.

34 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

Seriously considering ditching Macca after an hour or so and heading towards one... or both! Jessie was 🔥 at Primavera

Excellent plan - that's exactly what I will be doing - 1hr of Macca then down for full Jessie set on The Park

• Like 1

Honestly I think Kendrick is going to be one of the emptiest headline sets ever. Obviously the field isn't going to only have 20 people in, but I can't see that going up against Pet Shop Boys, Bicep, Courtney Barnett and Charli XCX is going to be a positive for him. Pretty much everyone I know has no interest in seeing him. I think Pet Shop Boys' set will be better attended.

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think Plants bigger problem is if he doesn’t play any zep songs with Krauss. Might have a slightly confused crowd.

Plant's biggest selling album since leaving is Raising Sand, his first with Alison. It's also her biggest selling album, and she is a 27 x Grammy award winner. 

And yes, they do Zeppelin songs in their set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

Megan and Kenny are going to suffer. Not saying anything is wrong with their act but Macca and PSB are going to be amazing 

Yep reckon an early arrival for PSB is a must, it will be rammed. I have less than zero interest in Kenny but I can see he is a big coup for the festival, but a lot of casuals have no idea who he is.

3 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Yep reckon an early arrival for PSB is a must, it will be rammed. I have less than zero interest in Kenny but I can see he is a big coup for the festival, but a lot of casuals have no idea who he is.

Going by my pretty non-scientific method of here, WhatsApp and Reddit, it seems they could swap stages and it would be more appropriate. 

17 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Honestly I think Kendrick is going to be one of the emptiest headline sets ever. Obviously the field isn't going to only have 20 people in, but I can't see that going up against Pet Shop Boys, Bicep, Courtney Barnett and Charli XCX is going to be a positive for him. Pretty much everyone I know has no interest in seeing him. I think Pet Shop Boys' set will be better attended.

Definitely not. Kendrick will draw a decent sized crowd. Most of my group will see him and I suspect a high % of under 30s in attendance will go for him (not to say lots of people over 30 won’t too!)

Just now, Joshuwarr said:

Definitely not. Kendrick will draw a decent sized crowd. Most of my group will see him and I suspect a high % of under 30s in attendance will go for him (not to say lots of people over 30 won’t too!)

I don't think it will be empty but I think it will certainly be one of the emptiest headline sets we've seen. I reckon you'll be able to get to the front provided you're there for the end of Lorde.

My entire group is 22-30 and not a single person has even consideded watching Kendrick

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Kenny is easily gonna have the smallest Pyramid headline crowd of the weekend. Don’t think it’s gonna be embarrassingly bad or anything, but it’ll be noticeably smaller than both Billie and obviously Macca.

Really don’t agree at all, I think Billie will be the smallest pyramid headliner crowd by a long way, havent spoken to or met anyone who is interested in seeing her, whereas Kendrick is interesting to a lot of people even if it’s not their thing (and yes I know I’m not the demographic who is likely to see Billie and I still thinks she will pull a decent crowd)

2 hours ago, PabloCoke said:

The worst booking ever. 

Absolute waste of an otherstage headliner. 

It will be empty as fuck. 

Just wait to see when its rammed. And its obvious the white wash thread likely bothers you a lot.

Kendrick will have a small crowd since its Sunday and putting PSB against him with the locals in the fields will make that rammed instead. 

If the TBA on The Park is something major  like the 1975 then possibly Turnstile and Amyl and The Sniffers get an empty John Peel. 

Edited by Suprefan

12 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I don't think it will be empty but I think it will certainly be one of the emptiest headline sets we've seen. I reckon you'll be able to get to the front provided you're there for the end of Lorde.

My entire group is 22-30 and not a single person has even consideded watching Kendrick

But that just shows how varied the average punter is. Our group are primarily under 30 too. I would actually expect Billie to have a smaller headline crowd, to be honest. Plenty predicted a small crowd for Stormzy but it was pretty big (and Kendrick has sold a hell of a lot more records here than Stormzy has)

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Difference is, they might well have another chance in their lifetimes of watching Jamie T....

May be true but I'm not going to follow that logic anymore after falling for it in 2019 and seeing Janet Jackson vs Lizzo. Damn that decision will haunt me.

It's the same reason I've decided I'd rather see one of my absolute favourite artists Ghetts ahead of a "probably won't see them again" artists in Olivia R.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Just wait to see when its rammed. And its obvious the white wash thread likely bothers you a lot.

Kendrick will have a small crowd since its Sunday and putting PSB against him with the locals in the fields will make that rammed instead. 

If the TBA on The Park is something major  like the 1975 then possibly Turnstile and Amyl and The Sniffers get an empty John Peel. 

You are chatting pure wham. 

I've been in the festival with my friends who are all very mixed, including the mother of my child so jog on. 

I've seen some bad shit at the festival, anyone who saw the man with the hammer screaming by the dance tent in the late late 90s will remember.

Doesn't make Megan any less a shit booking. 

Megan is hard to tell. So much other massive stuff on at same time. Impossible for me to have an idea though. I don't get the interest of someone mostly miming and doing a dance routine but each to their own. This is what makes glasto great. Something for everyone. 

Like some posters above if Sam Fender looks like it's too rammed I'll head to St Vincent. I have McCa as 50/50 to Roisin Murphy so this may play there as well. Feeling bad for Jessie Ware, but I saw her last week already so she's out for that reason (show was good!)