What set will be the most empty?

FloorFiller

Following on from the  ‘What set will be the most rammed this year?’ thread, I thought it’d be fun to go the opposite way and see peoples opinions on which set will be the most empty comparatively to the slot they’ve got? (So obviously not the first act on the Pyamid Sunday having a small crowd, cause obviously everybody’s knackered by then and any act there struggles to fill the field). 

I think St Vincent is gonna have a pretty sparse field for a Other sub. Having Foals on after her may help things a little, but having Fender up against her is gonna wipe out most of her crowd, along with a fair few other strong subs on at the same time (namely should-be headliners Sugababes). Think she’s been over-billed a bit there.

Obviously anybody going up against the legend is gonna struggle too so will be interesting to see if Fontaines can break that curse given they’re probably currently more popular than most of the acts who’ve had that slot in the past. 

Any other glaring acts who you’ll just be able to walk straight up to the front for?

I'm thinking if Sam Fender is going to be that rammed then I'll see St Vincent on the way to either West Holts or on the way to the Park after Phoebe, as that would be easier than barging through a Pyramid crowd.

She is amazing live and definitely deserves a good slot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Difference is, they might well have another chance in their lifetimes of watching Jamie T....

Not necessarily, bloke is known to disappear without trace. He won't pack out the tent but it will be far from the lowest turn out all weekend. In fact I reckon he will pull a bigger crowd than Charli XCX does on the Sunday.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Surely the early sets ? 

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Following on from the  ‘What set will be the most rammed this year?’ thread, I thought it’d be fun to go the opposite way and see peoples opinions on which set will be the most empty comparatively to the slot they’ve got? (So obviously not the first act on the Pyamid Sunday having a small crowd, cause obviously everybody’s knackered by then and any act there struggles to fill the field).

Just now, One Tonne Baby said:

Personally think Fontaines will do well.

hard call to say I think Robert Plant might struggle but hes on at the tail end of TLC, overlaps Sigurd, Arlo Parks and Idles. I know he is a legend but not sure many people will be that bothered by the newer stuff with Alison Krauss

Yeah Plant is a weird one ‘cause by all accounts you’d think the guy from Led Zepp could pull a crowd but has his work with Krauss really caught peoples attention? Him solo in ‘14 seemed to do well ‘cause you were guaranteed some Zepp covers, but not sure if that’s the case any more (or at least not nearly as many). Expected him to play a little lower, as we all did I think.