Parking in Bristol? or advice with coach ticket required please!

grannyftw

Hello,

hope all is well.

I'm driving down from Scotland to Bristol with a party of 4 (3 have coach tickets and 1 normal) and looking for the best option with regards to parking my car either in Bristol or taking it into Glastonbury

I have thought about my dad seeing if he could pick my ticket up whilst on the coach and I could drive into site but this could be deemed as unnecessary risk

or 

Park my car in Bristol somewhere (anyone have any suggestions on where to park that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg?) and get on the coach as planned.

any advice welcome 

Thanks

Marc

29 minutes ago, grannyftw said:

I have thought about my dad seeing if he could pick my ticket up whilst on the coach and I could drive into site but this could be deemed as unnecessary risk

Yes.  Big risk.  Multiple threads on efest already.  If you can take the coach, do.  Your only guarantee to get your ticket.  

I also recall a previous thread on here asking for Bristol parking advice with lots of good advice.  Perhaps have a look for it?

15 minutes ago, Glast0baby said:

Yes.  Big risk.  Multiple threads on efest already.  If you can take the coach, do.  Your only guarantee to get your ticket.  

I also recall a previous thread on here asking for Bristol parking advice with lots of good advice.  Perhaps have a look for it?

Yeah I had a look at a few to be honest and I think ill go with the Bristol parking option. Ahh really? I couldn't find any when I searched

Thanks

1 hour ago, grannyftw said:

Hello,

hope all is well.

I'm driving down from Scotland to Bristol with a party of 4 (3 have coach tickets and 1 normal) and looking for the best option with regards to parking my car either in Bristol or taking it into Glastonbury

or 

Park my car in Bristol somewhere (anyone have any suggestions on where to park that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg?) and get on the coach as planned.

any advice welcome 

Thanks

Marc

What time is your return coach on the Monday? Your Bristol parking would also likely get you off site much quicker. Have joined some wild queues in the car especially early on, but always got to Bristol within an hour. We started doing this when getting the train down because it was a much smoother ride to join the Birmingham train at Bristol rather than join the mega queues to Castle Cary.

Not sure where the coach leaves from, but I've always found Parkopedia really useful for finding parking options: Find Parking, Car Parks, Street Parking, Private Garages - Book Parking (parkopedia.com). Just had a quick look at you can park on the harbourside for £50 for the week. 

20 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

What time is your return coach on the Monday? Your Bristol parking would also likely get you off site much quicker. Have joined some wild queues in the car especially early on, but always got to Bristol within an hour. We started doing this when getting the train down because it was a much smoother ride to join the Birmingham train at Bristol rather than join the mega queues to Castle Cary.

Not sure where the coach leaves from, but I've always found Parkopedia really useful for finding parking options: Find Parking, Car Parks, Street Parking, Private Garages - Book Parking (parkopedia.com). Just had a quick look at you can park on the harbourside for £50 for the week. 

It's 1030am on the Monday. Yeah I've been stuck in queues on the Monday previously when leaving the carpark (3 hours I'm sure last time)

Thats great man thanks very much I'll have a look at that