Wednesday Bar Crawl

northernringo

I know there's a thread for the best bars, but this one is a bit different.

My group are all first timers, and line-up wise we have no plans for Wednesday.

Does anyone have any good advice for a good bar crawl that will - 1) Show off some of the best drinking spots on the site and 2) take us around a lot of different areas on the site (as we obviously haven't been to any before).

Of course, any bar crawl usually ends up getting side-tracked, but I thought having a rough idea would still be useful.

6 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Does anyone have any good advice for a good bar crawl that will - 1) Show off some of the best drinking spots on the site and 2) take us around a lot of different areas on the site (as we obviously haven't been to any before).

Of course, any bar crawl usually ends up getting side-tracked, but I thought having a rough idea would still be useful.

Any ideas where you plan to camp?

Just now, northernringo said:

We will be arriving through Gate A (getting a coach) so somewhere that direction. Current thinking is possibly Oxylers but I'll do a bit more research before I go

Oxylers stinks of shit. 

Anyway, good (if slightly outdated) map here. But Id suggest working your way from the Cider Bus (well the bar beside it) anti clockwise up to the Park area. 

Pub crawl.jpg

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oxylers stinks of shit. 

Anyway, good (if slightly outdated) map here. But Id suggest working your way from the Cider Bus (well the bar beside it) anti clockwise up to the Park area. 

Pub crawl.jpg

Great crawl..... I’ve done it but missed Beat Hotel ... which is not there now. Would strongly recommend (if you plan this crawl) popping up the hill a bit to Tricketts when your between Stonebridge/Bimble. It’s got the best views over the site.

40 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I've just been devising one!

We camp in Hitchin Hill, so starting off at the bar in The Woods, followed by Cider Bus, Acoustic Stage Bar, Cockmills, Tap House, Ridge & Furrow, Avalon Inn, Tricketts and Bimble Inn. Get to see plenty of the site, and some decent venues.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Oxylers stinks of shit. 

Pub crawl.jpg

Lol - yeah its traditionally right next to a large bank of bogs, is the first camping area to disappear beneath the mud in a wet year, and contains the first campsite to get done over by thieves on the Wed night. Otherwise, its excellent! Good view of Other anyway.