Transfer a ticket to someone else ?

Pauladuncan70

So - one of our 4 has suddenly become very unwell and no way can they attend Glastonbury with us. This is causing problems for another member of our group as the unwell person were going to drive the campervan they were both staying in - I wrote to seetickets a couple of weeks ago to ask if we could swap the ticket to another person (someone who has previously been to Glastonbury) but I heard nothing.

Is there a phone number I could try ringing for see tickets ? - do you think there is just no way they would swap the tickets around ? Grateful for any tips on how to speak with seetickets directly - the glastonbury team  - or how easy it impossible it is to swap tickets to another person ?

You can only swap it to another member of the original ticket group that was used to pay for the deposits, and that person can be in the van with someone else driving. If you can't find a ticketed driver, there's no point in swapping it.

2 hours ago, Pauladuncan70 said:

I wrote to seetickets a couple of weeks ago to ask if we could swap the ticket to another person (someone who has previously been to Glastonbury) but I heard nothing.

I think she is asking about swapping the actual Glasto ticket not the CV pass. 

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no chance!  😂🙈🤦‍♀️Not surprised Seetickets has not responded.

The whole point of personal issued tickets is to avoid the ability to pay for a ticket that is then given/"swapped" to someone else.  You'd then get ppl buying tickets to make a huge mark up when they sell them to others.  

If you wanna use a campervan, someone in your group is going to have to "man-up" and drive it, or it's general camping for you!  Luckily your friend still has time to buy a tent!

2 hours ago, Pauladuncan70 said:

So - one of our 4 has suddenly become very unwell and no way can they attend Glastonbury with us. This is causing problems for another member of our group as the unwell person were going to drive the campervan they were both staying in - I wrote to seetickets a couple of weeks ago to ask if we could swap the ticket to another person (someone who has previously been to Glastonbury) but I heard nothing.

Is there a phone number I could try ringing for see tickets ? - do you think there is just no way they would swap the tickets around ? Grateful for any tips on how to speak with seetickets directly - the glastonbury team  - or how easy it impossible it is to swap tickets to another person ?

As others have said.....

Tickets are strictly Non-transferable

At this stage and unless insurance has been taken out on the ticket, no refund is due. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 😣

Yes I thought as much - just wanted to check on here in case there was some option I had missed or not thought of  -  she can stay in our tent,  it is massive and has a spare room - we are booked into a camping site off the main site.  Good to know we can start planning accordinglynow - we took out insurance so the other friend can claim  - funnily enough we were in the batch of people who only got cancellation policies and a water bottle in the resale without the tickets and seetickets allowed us to purchase the tickets afterwards.  We would never normally get a refund policy I was just ticking every box to get the sale to go through !  Thanks for all replies x

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pauladuncan70 said:

Yes I thought as much - just wanted to check on here in case there was some option I had missed or not thought of  -  she can stay in our tent,  it is massive and has a spare room - we are booked into a camping site off the main site.  Good to know we can start planning accordinglynow - we took out insurance so the other friend can claim  - funnily enough we were in the batch of people who only got cancellation policies and a water bottle in the resale without the tickets and seetickets allowed us to purchase the tickets afterwards.  We would never normally get a refund policy I was just ticking every box to get the sale to go through !  Thanks for all replies x

If what you need is a driver for the Campervan, then why not see if you can find someone travelling from the same place and see if you can offer them a lift - your friend gets the camper driven to site and they get a free lift with all there gear to the site too - given the rail strikes and travel chaos, it could be a real win win for your friend and someone else! 

I don't know make  of campervan- my husband is 6.6 and there is a bed/cabin over the the top of the driving area which is half the problem, the other is his legs are long and the drivers seat does not go back far enough for him to get his legs under the wheel properly so it all feels very dangerous - he drove it once before, about an hour, which is only 3rd of distance to Glastonbury and it was a nightmare with a couple if near misses crash wise and backache/neck ache  gor husband for a couple if days afterwards- we are our mid/late 50s so not ideal situation to be in pain when attending attending glastonbury 😆😉

I love the idea of seeing if someone living near fancies driving it for her - thanks that is great advice x  will see what she thinks about that idea .