Wargasm?

slicedcheese

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Kurosagi said:

Did end up catching a bit of Dub War's set before heading off to Gong. Much better live, wish it hadn't of clashed otherwise I'd have definitely stayed to see it all.

I feel bad now, I never made it down there! 😂

Made the planned Pigsx7 > Nova Twins on Thursday, but when Friday night rolled around I jut wasn't feeling it for something heavy, y'know? So ended up at the polar opposite - Heaton & Abbott on Acoustic 😂

8 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

That is genuinely hilarious!

And yes, you should feel bad cause there was only about 30 of us at the Truth stage. We made up for it in energy though!

I'd say I feel shame, but tbh I'd be lying 😂. H&A singalong was exactly what I needed on Friday evening, and it gave me time to nip back to the tent and grab a hoody before heading to Croissant Neuf. One I'll probably regret later down the line, but that's clashes for you!

Made up for it with the circle pits on Thursday though 😄

I was also one of 30 at Dub War, they were incredible but really suffered with lack of crowd. The Sugababes situation at Avalon completely messed up the traffic flow, it took us about 20 minutes extra to get around and once we got to the Iicon stage, it was completely empty in the whole area around those stages. After seeing how quickly Brass Against went from about 5 people to full in about 20 minutes on Saturday night, it definitely confirmed it.  

2 hours ago, deefer6 said:

After seeing how quickly Brass Against went from about 5 people to full in about 20 minutes on Saturday night, it definitely confirmed it.

Trying to get through Shangri-La to see Brass Against was an effing nightmare, got lifted off my feet twice, solid crowd. Awesome set though, that front woman is FIERCE.

Was gutted to get home and find the BBC didn't put their West Holts set on iplayer. It was the first thing I looked up when home - anyone see the WH set, did they turn the politics down?

7 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Was gutted to get home and find the BBC didn't put their West Holts set on iplayer. It was the first thing I looked up when home - anyone see the WH set, did they turn the politics down?

The politics on WH was turned up.  Seemed similar but I only caught the end of the Truth stage set.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Battlescar said:

Had to wait cos they were held up by doing the BBC thing so played a shorter set. Brilliant though!

Yep, screwed over twice by the BBC, meant they did a shorter set (but brilliant fun) and wasn't best pleased to get home and see that the bloody BBC bleeped out some of the lyrics! He seemed genuinely chuffed by the crowd, probably the biggest gig they've played so far. Look forward to seeing them again.

• Upvote 1