Wargasm?

slicedcheese

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Out of upvotes but you deserve several pints for pointing this out, I probably would have missed or otherwise. If we cross paths I'm standing you a beer and a crowdsurf boost

Glad to be of service sir.

I'm going to wander around randomly shouting "Mark Quark!!" in every mosh pit I frequent.

Just now, waterfalls21234 said:

They could do with finding a replacement seeing as they were one of the only token heavy acts at the fest....pretty sure there's plenty of UK heavy bands who would love the exposure?

Think Dub War have filled that gap, if not the slot that Wargasm had.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Think Dub War have filled that gap, if not the slot that Wargasm had.

Id heard of dub war before but couldn't think where from ...then I loaded up a vid....benji from skindred? That's him yeah? That'll be a good set, man definitely knows how to get a crowd moving ....Newport helicopter!

Edited by waterfalls21234

3 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

...is the 'scheduling issues' because they just looked at the clashfinder and realised they were up against macca and were worried about an empty crowd?!

Who are they turning down Glastonbury for?

Quality over quantity....those who would have made it like me (really not bothered about macca for reasons I've detailed before) would have been fully into the music and going for it 

2 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Id heard of dub war before but couldn't think where from ...then I loaded up a vid....benji from skindred? That's him yeah? That'll be a good set, man definitely knows how to get a crowd moving ....Newport helicopter!

That's the one, that was his band mid-90s before Skindred. 

1 minute ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Thatll be ace....what slot are they in then? Just filling right in where wargasm were?

On the poster they're on Truth Friday 22:10 - 23:10 so I'll prob be watching them and then over to Avalon for The Damned 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

On the poster they're on Truth Friday 22:10 - 23:10 so I'll prob be watching them and then over to Avalon for The Damned 

Not too bad a distance at all, I’ll be doing the exact same thing! 🤝

5 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

That is a real loss,  they were meant to have been brilliant at Download at the weekend. Just the sort of thing that should be at Glasto offering a really different option. Hopefully a similar replacement can step in. 

They were awful then, no loss in the slightest... Hopefully if there is a replacement it'll actually be something that is talented rather than just another band riding on the back of their parent's legacy and name

Just now, mr_monkey said:

They were awful then, no loss in the slightest... Hopefully if there is a replacement it'll actually be something that is talented rather than just another band riding on the back of their parent's legacy and name

Ahh I stand corrected, I wasn't there,  just read a review. 

Who are their parents?

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

Ahh I stand corrected, I wasn't there,  just read a review. 

Who are their parents?

The guitarist is the son of glen mattlock from the sex pistols, which has given them a leg up on bills and in the press etc as tends to happen but if they can be a gateway for people into some of the amazing heavy music being produced in this country at the moment then I suppose it's not all bad

I know it happens all the time but just boils my piss when bands get pushed due to who they are rather than their talent ( I know it shouldn't 😂)

• Upvote 1

Just now, mr_monkey said:

The guitarist is the son of glen mattlock from the sex pistols, which has given them a leg up on bills and in the press etc as tends to happen but if they can be a gateway for people into some of the amazing heavy music being produced in this country at the moment then I suppose it's not all bad

I know it happens all the time but just boils my piss when bands get pushed due to who they are rather than their talent ( I know it shouldn't 😂)

I saw them on Monday with no idea who they were (parentage wise) in a tiny venue in Brighton with a really enthusiastic crowd. They might be getting some push, but some of it's certainly happening organically.

Compared with Wet Leg (who I have nowt against btw) who are getting all of the airplay.

I got no skin in this game btw, saw them and thought they were fun. Reviews I've seen for Download all seem OK?

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I saw them on Monday with no idea who they were (parentage wise) in a tiny venue in Brighton with a really enthusiastic crowd. They might be getting some push, but some of it's certainly happening organically.

Compared with Wet Leg (who I have nowt against btw) who are getting all of the airplay.

I got no skin in this game btw, saw them and thought they were fun. Reviews I've seen for Download all seem OK?

Honestly one of the worst things I've ever seen live (and I've seen glassjaw numerous times 😂) went along to see what the fuss was about and couldn't get my head around it

They end up in the press due to it being the son of a pistol (and a model) but fair play to them as we would all do the same for a leg up it just annoys me that it then distracts from other bands that deserve the interest (Brighton for example have the excellent CLTDRP who would deserve the push more)

2 minutes ago, mr_monkey said:

Honestly one of the worst things I've ever seen live (and I've seen glassjaw numerous times 😂) went along to see what the fuss was about and couldn't get my head around it

They end up in the press due to it being the son of a pistol (and a model) but fair play to them as we would all do the same for a leg up it just annoys me that it then distracts from other bands that deserve the interest (Brighton for example have the excellent CLTDRP who would deserve the push more)

whats wrong with glassjaw? still have siberian kiss and pretty lush on my playlists. good energy

On 6/15/2022 at 2:01 PM, baggie92 said:

I'd imagine they saw they were booked for a tiny stage and pulled out..

As far as the band were concerned, they were never playing. Told me no back in early May. Plus at Germany and Italian festivals over Glastonbury weekend as doing the European festival circuit.